Sunday, August 9, 2026

8/9/26

 


Dear Family,

               I feel blessed because now the cat has started choosing me to sit next to! This is a huge milestone!! This is possibly because Bobby has been gone a lot this summer. I don’t know, I don’t care, I’m just happy. Also, she brought in a present and this time it was dead. Thank goodness. She may have learned her lesson. Yay for cat 2.0. One who knows who loves her most and one who knows better presentation styles. Go kitty go!

Having a nasty cold has not been fun. Yet, I feel so blessed when a friend says, “Can I bring you anything” or when Hubby helps make my new favorite recipe for Salmon salad sandwich. It is nice to be babied a little but mostly I just want to be alone. It worked out that Bobby was gone hiking with friends.

Bobby said his friends all had lengthy conversations about staying safe and how much the spouses love each other etc. during the trip. I on the other hand didn’t mention staying safe at all. He was a little frustrated. When he mentioned it to me, I had to laugh. “You are the safest person I know. I never have to worry about you.” He then said, “I do dangerous things!” – a couple of times. I thought that was funny. Then he mentioned I should probably slow down, he felt like I was speeding.

 It was fun to have Bobby home. We had a date night and enjoyed chatting about our week. The new Pho Keizer is just as yummy as their other location. It was fun to eat out together.

My mom gave me a bag of clothes to look through when we visited them a couple of weeks ago. Getting new flooring meant I didn’t have time or energy to look through them till a couple of days ago. I have been enjoying wearing new to me clothes and even getting compliments on them. Variety sure is fun. I even wore a new dress to date night. I’m thankful for my mom 😊.

Adriel has been keeping me in the loop of her life, and I am blessed to know her. I enjoy chatting with her and am so glad she is willing to let me in on her joys and hardships.

Seth continues to help in the garden, and I am so glad to see him growing, and serving in the booth at church. I think he does the slides/powerpoint/easyworship and in those 3 parts you just saw the evolution of church worship. Man, if you remember slide shows – you are old like me!

I enjoyed going to Sunday school this week and they will always be a fun group. Someone came in late and had a little trouble with the door. Bobby said, “It looks like you stumbled in through the door!” A youth mentioned, “Did you have too much coffee this morning?” And the person responded, “No, not enough coffee.”

Bobby announced that we will be having color wars again. One student said, “I have last years shirt still . . . unwashed! So, it still has all the color on it.” Their younger sister piped up, “I'm telling mooooom.” I had to laugh about that one. Boys and not doing laundry, it’s a thing. But really – we didn’t sweat in those shirts. There were water and colored powder involved. Well, I didn’t sweat – maybe they did.

Anyway, it begins! Youth group is starting up again!  Yay!!

May you be excited for your future and glad for your past. May you enjoy each day God has for you, and may you rejoice that you are so very, very loved.

 

Love and hugs, Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment