Sunday, August 30, 2026

8/30/26

 


Dear family,

               Humor trumps politeness sometimes. I have to admit I did not mean to be mean and I apologized profusely afterward but . . . As I was driving 4 boys to ice cream on Wednesday youth group surprise night a sweet young man was giving me directions – to Baskin and Robbins – from the church. I mentioned that, “It is super sweet of you to give me directions as though I haven’t lived here 19 years.” Then, I turned my head and said, “How old are you?” and when the rest of the young men said, “Ohhhhhh.” Well, that’s when I had to apologize. I didn’t mean to be cruel – but I did notice he refrained from telling me how to get back to the church. Until I tried to head home – they all let me know that wasn’t the way to church.

               I truly believed I would keep any health diagnosis that was scary to myself. (I sometimes enjoy keeping secrets.) This one, the pre-diabetes was shared when people asked me if I was going to have ice cream. I received so much attention it was very sweet. Goodness – I was scared about it, until I talked with my Aunt Mary. She has the same genetics that I do and is keeping diabetes at bay. I feel inspired by her that this can be done. I’ll have to be careful what I eat. Bobby has been helpful by deciding with me to increase our food budget. He even cooked a meal with me in mind. I felt lifted when he bought me a small bag of sugar free caramels. We can do this. Meanwhile I’ll be skipping retreats, restaurants, and maybe potlucks until I figure this out.

               During Sunday School we read Matthew 24:8. This is where we learned that, “The earth is going to have a baby.” Won’t that be an interesting and scary time.

               May you learn new things from the Bible each day. May you find God’s strength to be enough for you, and may you find joy in each person you encounter. Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy

PS the picture is an older one from a couple of weeks ago. This is just how long it took for me to look up how to get a picture texted to me from an i-phone to a samsung and then to my computer. It was not hard - just took time which I don't always have. And no, Adriel has not been to jail, this is a favorite shirt from Grandpa V to us for a Halloween costume. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment