Dear Family,
My
inability to rest can leave me exhausted. Honestly Bobby is the one who slows
me down. His presence and desire to spend time together does force me to stop
all my activity. When he’s gone, I get excited about how much I am going to do!
Then I make a huge list, do about half, and go to bed so tired. I guess all
this is to say, “He went camping again and I’ll be glad when he comes back.” He
should be back today. Hopefully, I’ll be able to let go of my lists and enjoy
time with him.
Seth
misunderstood my desire to have him dig up all the baby stag horn sumac. He did
a great job digging out all the Iris bulbs under the stag horn sumac tree
though and I was happy to replant the Iris’ somewhere else. The communication problem
was all me. I didn’t give a good example of what Staghorn Sumac are. Usually I
do much better – but, funny thing, the result was still good. Even when he dug
up the Confrey a while ago – we were thinking we were done with them. Nope,
they came back beautifully.
It
was wonderful to see our Music pastor and family at church. They came back from
the Sabbatical looking refreshed and glad to be back. Really, 3 months isn’t
that long. It felt like a blink.
Youth
group was fun as usual, I am glad one of the young women is an amazing artist
and businesswoman. I told her I loved her art a while back and she said I could
commission her. It took months to get a proposal AND time, but I met with her
and her family this week. I am excited to have a new artist for my books.
Adriel is done with that phase of her life so it’s good to have someone grow
her own artistic style and give my books life at the same time.
I
have enjoyed walking and bicycling in God’s nature. Every day I’m in tune with
the weather to make sure I’m dressed for my outdoor trek. I enjoy saying, “Hi”
and waving to that one homeless man that is so friendly. I delight in going
over the beautiful pedestrian bridge and glancing at the water that shouts, “God
made me, isn’t this amazing?” So many people say, “Hi” back or, “Thank You”
when I mention I’m passing on their right – so many people out there – each with
life stories of their own.
God
is alive and well, may you also enjoy His beauty, His nature and His people.
Love and hugs,
Cristy

No comments:
Post a Comment