Dear Family, Some weeks the
blessings pile up and my heart warms tremendously. I am blessed by so many
interactions!
We
are reevaluating all items in the house and donating or tossing as we unpack.
One thing I had to get rid of was the scale in Seth’s bathroom. It did work but
it was old and ugly. When I pulled out a new one for him Seth was not impressed.
The advertisement inside said that you don’t even need Wi-Fi just cellular to
have the numbers automatically added to an app on your phone. This brought up red
flags for Seth. His specialty is security and that sounded like the exact
opposite. When he brought up that this feature went against his morals we had
to let the issue go. If he uses it, he uses it – moral standards or no.
Adriel
invited me to the Rockstar Open at the Portland Waterfront. When I asked if I
could park at her place and go there with her, she said, “No that would be
backtracking a half an hour for you. You are a big girl, and you can do hard
things.” I felt empowered. Yes, I am a big girl. So, I figured it out myself and
enjoyed a day of watching people skateboard – including Adriel. I was
introduced to many people as, “My mom” and it was fun to see how many people
greeted Adriel as the good friend she is.
When
a stranger exclaimed that I looked like the art behind me it was fun to have so
much excitement. Adriel then said she should take a picture of us, and it was
fun. One person even asked if I was Adriel’s sister and Adriel let him know I’m
her mom. Later I mentioned it and she said he was flirting. Funny that a 17-year-old
would go there but I’ll take it as a compliment, nonetheless.
Youth
group had its own fun times. Color war was amazing as usual and I loved the
pictures. I even got one with Bobby and I to find out later Rich photobombed it
– that made me laugh.
Sunday
school prayer requests included, “Cross country is starting up.” Bobby wants
things in the form of a request, so he asked for more information. “Well, that
people show up.” Bobby mentioned, “It's all on the shoulders of your team captain.”
(This is because their captain is a relative and Bobby was teasing.) Another
student had to pipe in with, “You don’t use your shoulders to run!”
During
lesson time we talked about Matthew 22:23-33. Read it to understand why this off
hand comment was silly. “Sharing is caring.”
May
you also be good at sharing (just not like that). May your joy be full and may
you find strength in knowing how truly loved you are 😊
Hugs,
Cristy

No comments:
Post a Comment