Monday, October 16, 2023

10/16/23

 Dear Family,

            Getting away can be super fun.  Bobby and I decided that my Birthday week would be a good time to visit Chicago, Illinois.  Monday Bobby, Adriel, and I settled in and we’re constantly looking up.  The city of Chicago is built so high we were filled with awe.  Our Uber driver had lived here for years so he knew fun things to do and was full of interesting facts.   Finding our hotel ready was fantastic but the best part for me was eating lunch.  I love a good veggie burger and French potato fries at Smash Burger.  

            Tuesday we enjoyed walking around and were impressed by how clean the town was and how safe we felt.  There are no tents anywhere.  We enjoyed the Sears Tower.  It was full of photo opportunities and very high up.  

            Bobby and I enjoyed deep-dish pizza for dinner, and I created a great memory.  The pizza trays are metal with four legs.  One leg was bent so I used my strong muscles to unbend it.  I totally broke it off.  Bobby was mortified.  The server just chuckled and exchanged it.

            Adriel enjoyed the Sears Tower with us.  Later in the day, she enjoyed skating with an old friend and meeting new people.

            We enjoyed so many sights with the city pass and walking around.  I liked the architecture tour by boat because the person talking about the buildings was interesting especially because we got to sit for 75 minutes after walking all day.  

            Adriel’s company was so appreciated.  She is delightful, loving and caring.  She enjoys our company and the fun food.  Chicago hot dogs are special.  Bobby and Adriel both decided they liked them.  (I had a bite and they were good – just not my thing.)

            We enjoyed the fabulous weather most of the time.  We walked so much and it was fun to be together.  It rained Friday and Saturday which brought the most interesting entertainment.  People (in the windy city) with umbrellas.  So many turned inside out, or people walking against the wind unable to see.  We found it pretty comical watching the silly tourists. 

Seth held the fort down and we were blessed by his presence at home.  He wouldn’t have enjoyed the trip because it wasn’t staying home and as he said when I asked if he would come, “I think Seattle is enough of a culture shock for me.”

            I enjoyed a Birthday dinner supplied by my sister-in-law Caren.  It was so nice of her to call up and gift us an experience.  How sweet!  I loved all the Facebook Birthday wishes and when we came home Saturday there were Birthday cards in the mail.  How lovely!  Thank you, family! 

            May you also feel special when your day comes up.  May you find joy in all weather and fun in all of God’s creation.  May you know how deeply you are loved.  Sooo, much!

             Love and hugs, Cristy



OH, and I must add a praise!  The rat is no longer with us.  A trap was its demise.

No comments:

Post a Comment