Monday, October 23, 2023

10/23/23

 Dear Family,

            Small interactions can make our day.  Monday at work I waved at a little person and his mom was so pleased.  She said, “He’s been waving at everyone, and you are the first to wave back.”  My heart was filled.  I recalled a time with mine were little and it was so wholesome.  How fun it is to relate as moms.

            I was walking next to a mother and her daughter when the daughter asked for a new toothbrush.  The mom said she had plenty.  The girl then asked for an electric one and the mom also said, “You already have one of those.”  The reply was, “But I cleaned the toilet with that one.”  I laughed out loud and the ridiculousness of that.  The mom’s immediate response, “You did not.”  I had to keep walking, but people are so funny.  And Bobby would totally say something like that just for fun.

            An older person was walking and about 5 feet behind another person was asking, “Do you need any bagels” in the first person’s direction.  I couldn’t tell who she was talking to but asked the person closest to me anyway just for fun.  When the initial person said, “Nope.”  The person behind mouthed, “Thank you.”  I smiled and walked away.  But then I thought, “What a random question from me, a stranger!”  I had to laugh at the ridiculousness and fun.  Life is good.

            A friend gave Bobby and me flower bulbs for our combined Birthdays!  Bobby planted them on the 15th and now we can anticipate new blooms in the spring.  You know I’ll completely forget them and be happily surprised when they pop up.  Just like online ordering – happy surprises because I forgot I ordered them.

            I felt blessed at work when “Jars of Clay” Flood played overhead.  It’s a God song.  I felt pure joy.

            Tuesday night the youth group was full of laughter, fun, and sweetness.  One person refused to play flick chess but taught me the real way to play.  My heart was warmed that he took an interest in my chess growth.  He was so sweet and patient!

            During prayer time Bobby asked, “Who are we talking to when we pray?”  They knew the answer to that.  The next question had everyone sitting up straight, “And what should your posture be?”  It was fun how the answer to that was not what they expected, “No, more humility”, he said, “What I mean is we should be respectful, heads bowed and not poking each other.”

            Lesson time also brought some fabulous fun.  Bobby asked what people might go after or follow instead of God.  Various answers came along with, drugs, power, and one person said in a deep voice, “The ladies!”  Most of the middle schoolers are too young for this so that was met with confusion and hilarity.  Also, when talking about what is sin one person answered, “It’s doing something wrong like fighting with our sister oooor punching our sister.”  His sister was sitting next to him and said, “That’s oddly specific.”

            The beautiful end of the lesson came with a fun sign language example of grace.  The leader explained and showed a hand clutching the air and then letting go toward the face like God giving the face grace and then pouring down to the body.  This was not taken too well because several people could only think of a face hugger that eats people and another said, “It’s when a puppet goes evil!”

            High school group was more mature and fun as ever.  Gutter ball may have a new sign posted.  A certain person can only face one way while playing.  He keeps throwing the ball so hard and fast that it hits the glass behind the playing area.  One comment during gutter ball was, “I’ve taught you guys well, hit nothing and throw hard.”

            Lesson time had us remembering the night before during that specific time when asked what things might be pursued instead of God.  The High schoolers went right for the jugular.  “Women, sex!”  There was only one female present that night and she was sitting next to me.  She said, “I’m feeling targeted.”  We moved on quickly to money and power but had to laugh about how blunt this crowd was.

            Friday Bobby made Salmon Bisque.  It’s amazingly tasty and I am so glad he loves cooking.  We also watched a movie called, “A Million Miles Away.”  I recommend it heartily.  It was “feel good”, amazing, and based on a true story. 

            Saturday was lovely.  It is so nice to have a day to rest, relax, walk with a friend, and enjoy the beauty God has given us.

            Seth and Adriel continue to plug away at work and school.  I enjoy talking with them when we have the chance.

            May you also enjoy walking and talking with those you love.  May you find peace knowing your salvation is secure.  May you delight in God’s nature, creatures, and yummy food 😊.  Much love,  Cristy

 PS The photo is from our Chicago trip because I have a lot of photos from then.  I don't usually take photos throughout the week.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment