Monday, October 2, 2023

10/2/23

 Dear Family,

                 

                Bobby made yummy beef stew and potatoes this week.  He enjoys cooking and cooking shows so much.  I enjoy eating, so we are a lovely pair.  He also made eggs and mushrooms just for me.  What a guy.

                Middle school group was fun and the people were delightful.  High school group though, they are so comfortable with themselves that they bring the comedy gold.  While writing out prayer requests one had to verbalize things.  He wasn’t writing but was pondering, “Pray that I get a girlfriend, pray that I get a life, . . .” on and on he went.  It was funny to hear all the things this individual might have wanted to put down.

                Filling in the blanks was also filled with great guesses and laughter.  Bobby said, “It rhymes with eetza.”  One person piped up with “Do I hear ‘La Hacienda?’” 

                Bobby took me out to eat with a gift card from his Birthday.  Thank you, friends!  His Birthday continues to bless 😊.  We had fun.

                Adriel not only answers calls but she merged me into a phone call with my parents and her on Monday.  It felt like a party.  I am glad to be part of her world.

                Seth started school this week.  I am still excited that he drives himself where he needs to go.  He also helped feed our cat while I was gone at the women’s retreat.

                Women’s retreat is a good time to be with other women and learn more about God.  I enjoyed the fantastic food, great conversations, fabulous lessons, and fun games.  I even had a nap each day.  Ahhhh, that was the life!

                Even rain, which some people hate, is a blessing.  We choose our attitude.  Choosing to view any weather as a blessing can be part of taking captive every thought.  Our attitude can make all the difference when it comes to relationships.  May you find your attitude is a reflection of the grace God has given you and not a knee-jerk reaction to your like or dislike of the weather.

 

Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy



  

No comments:

Post a Comment