Monday, August 28, 2023

8/28/23


 Dear family,

 

            Saying goodbye is only made easier with snacks and a party.  We will miss Madi Kleiber.  It sure was fun seeing so many former youth and enjoying their company. 

            Bobby cooked pork and scalloped potatoes on Monday.  What a yummy treat!  I am so glad he enjoys cooking.  We also played a fun game in the evening.  He keeps winning but I can never tell it’s happening all throughout the game.  It’s truly fun to learn about birds and to enjoy each other’s company.

            Bobby and I had a date at La Vida Katrina on Tuesday night.  We enjoyed time together and the joy of yummy food.  Wednesday night we enjoyed a full time with the youth group.  It was fun to see them learn the skill of tossing water balloons over a volleyball net with towels.  I am hoping these pictures that Rich Duval took will show the concept well.








            I enjoyed playing a new board game with Bobby on Thursday night.  He really gets into them.  I enjoy spending time with Bobby 😊.  Bobby made yummy casserole one night and biscuits and gravy another.  That he enjoys the creative processes is a boon to us.  That I am quite prepared to clean up is also helpful.  We make a great team and that is a beautiful thing.

            Seth has helped with the garden and cleaned some this week.  I am glad for what he does to help around the house.  I appreciate his love and company.  Seth is fun to be around.

            Adriel continues to chat on the phone and be lovely.  She is successful in her field and is finding her way.  I am glad she is willing to chat when we get a moment or two.

            Attending Marnie’s funeral on Saturday was wholesome.  She was a funny, beautiful shining light and I am glad to have known her.  There were great stories and there was so much love.  I enjoyed her great-granddaughter’s sermon the best.  She said “I know that she is in heaven and she is OK.  Heaven is greater and better, we are not dead, we are alive in heaven.”  I cried listening to her again on the website (livestream services)  Such a great impact their family has and will have in our world.

May you find God is leading your every step.  May you be an influence for good to those around you.  May you enjoy life to the fullest.  Much love, 

 

Cristy VanKleek

No comments:

Post a Comment