Monday, January 30, 2023

1/30/23

 Dear Family,

 

                The middle school group was so fun.  They truly delight in being together and I am blessed to be part.  Game time had fast-paced foosball and cheers for the winner of gutterball.  Lesson time had its own game but Bobby had to stipulate if there were to be prizes, “Raise your hand if you will be OK if you don’t win candy in this game.”  Most everyone raised their hand.  I did see one smiling with no raised hand.  She eventually did but I loved the kidding and shared a smile back.

                The High School group was hilarious this week.  Changing the rules of gutterball brought giggles, laughter, and general merriment.  Try throwing 4 of your own balls to see what happens.  No one won.  They almost forgot which balls were theirs.  I enjoyed the camaraderie and joy.  There was also throat singing to help a player do better.  It was beautiful. 

                During the lesson, Bobby mentioned that he had walked on water.  The students responded that to walk on water, “Jesus wore massive platforms.”  If you want to know about the time Bobby walked on water ask him.  It’s a fun story.

                Later Bobby told a student, “Your dad gave me the best compliment this week.  He called me young.”  The student was unfazed, “Well, he’s just stating facts.  You are so much younger than he is.”  When the student found out Bobby is his dad’s age this was funny.  “Oh, I thought you were in your mid 30’s.”  The compliment just kept on going.  This is opposed to the lady who asked Bobby if he wanted the senior discount at a store lately. 

                Adriel continues to text and let us know she is OK.  She did have her first car break-in while she wasn’t present.  Welcome to Portland.  I told her I wasn’t telling dad because he wouldn’t sleep at night.  She had already told him.  He seems to be sleeping OK.  She had it fixed on the same day and didn't even have to leave the office.  How amazing.

                Seth plugs away at school and helped with dishes.  I enjoy his company and am glad he is willing to text me the shopping list whenever I ask.  I like having him at home base.

                Being part of a family truly is a blessing, silliness, and all.  May you feel as blessed as you are.  May you find joy in sunshine and rain.  May you be glad for all that God provides.  Love and hugs, Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment