Monday, January 23, 2023

1/23/23

 Dear Family,

 

            Holding hands and tying shoelaces.  This is what helping the middle school group ice skating is like.  I enjoy it.  Seeing everyone go from wall huggers to wobbly middle-lane skaters is fun.  Everyone is learning a new skill and some even soar.  The group were troopers even though it was hard.  I delight in helping others grow whether it be spiritually (my favorite), mentally, or physically. 

            Bobby tied shoelaces but broke one with his strong muscles.  He skated by with encouragement, took pictures, and counted heads repeatedly.  He creates events that he will enjoy because he is amazing at knowing what will be fun for the whole group.

            A funny quote from Monday's excursion is, “If you were a hamburger, you would be one made out of plants.” 

            Also, I enjoyed several students' new head-boggling “Fred math”.  1 + 1 = 11.  You can have more than one best friend because, “Fred math,” dictates it is so.  Several students played with numbers and made-up ridiculous rules which will probably become an amazing new code for secret messages.  For now, it’s a fun way to bond as their excitement over a group think answer ends with an adorable dance that brings joy and excitement.  People who want to join the group?  Well at first it was boys only, but I called them on sexism.  So, the rules for becoming are to become a Frederica.  A Fred must “fart on me and give me pink eye.”  Ahh, middle school.  I’m out.  I don’t need to do the dance or math that badly.  I am delighted by their creativity, imagination, and fun.

            High school group is fun and wonderful.  They have a retreat coming up, and it’s interesting hearing about how they will take work off.  I am impressed by their loyalty and desire to be together.

            Adriel visited for a bit, and she was full of stories, love, and hugs.  I relish our time together and enjoy every moment we bask in her presence.

            Seth cleaned the bathrooms and his room this week.  It is nice to have the place cleaner because he is around.  I don’t see him much.  But I see what he does. 

            Bobby and I enjoyed dinner with neighbors this week.  The Johnsons are kind and lovely people.  I enjoyed getting to know them better. 

            Bobby Spent all day Friday cooking tamales.  He made a lot and we will be blessed for days. 

            Bobby and I enjoyed a walk on Saturday.  Our work schedules don’t always correspond, so I was glad to get off work at 3 PM and walk with him for a while.  I am glad we still enjoy each other’s company.

            May you also find joy in those you have chosen.  May your delight bring smiles, hugs, and love.  May God’s presence give you peace in your heart and overwhelming calm that gives you the ability to spread kindness everywhere you go.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment