Monday, January 16, 2023

1/16/23

 Dear Family,

 

            Because Adriel is texting us daily to let us know she is still alive I feel much better about her moving sooo far away to Portland.  My praise in youth group was that, “Adriel has moved to Portland and it is in a safe neighborhood.”  This brought pause as the youth was praying for her.  He even said, “Sounds hard to believe about Portland,”  In the prayer.  It’s a jungle up there.

            Adriel did stop by Wednesday to bring back our tubs from her move.  We are blessed to have them from Mom Webb.  Go Adriel go!

            Our middle school group is full of delightful people who are kind and don’t want to leave even when Bobby is shouting that their parents are ready across the gym.  It’s cute how much they enjoy being together.  Before games, Bobby said, “We are going to play Ultimate Bump in the gym.”    A student asked, “What’s that?”  Bobby, “I’ll teach you.”  A chorus of “Yay!” Was interjected with, “Do we get to throw people around?” 

            The High School group has more subdued joy. 

            Later during the lesson, Bobby made a slight groaner joke with his, “Jesus loves you this much” as he raised his arms like on a cross.  Then a student added, “I think you nailed the point well.” To make it a full groaner. 

            When the point was, “Encountering Jesus and Receiving him changes lives.”  There was a picture of a leopard with spots on the ground as though he had changed his spots.  This is in reference to Jeremiah 13:23 which states a leopard doesn’t change its spots.  This was an unknown verse to the youth so one mentioned, “Jesus healed the leper?”

            Bobby cooked Friday and it was amazing.  I am so glad I don’t have to think about meal planning.  I am blessed by this repeatedly.

            Seth is back in school.  This just means he’s on his computer more than on VR.  I know I shouldn’t talk with him while he is doing schoolwork, so I refrain but it’s still nice to have him around.

            Giving blood may be draining but it is worth it.  Hearing a story from Dr. Amit Bhatia about someone who died because they did not receive enough blood during surgery rallied my resolve.  You too can give blood every 8 weeks.  The only change I had to make is that I eat an iron-rich breakfast every day.  Anyway, I gave blood again on Wednesday and it doesn’t take that much out of me.  But it gave a whole bunch to those in need.

            May you make time in your schedule to give what you can.  May you enjoy time with loved ones as though it was the blessing that it is.  May your joy be tremendous and may your focus be on God and all the abundance He gives.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment