Monday, February 6, 2023

2/6/23

 Dear family,

 

            Date night at ‘The Yard’ was especially fun because Bobby and I were able to see one of our former youth in action.  We get to watch people grow up and it is so fun to keep in touch.  The guy that baptized his friends in the river for fun and scared people with a gorilla suit has become an entrepreneur actor, comedian, and dad.  He cares deeply about his children, and I love that.

            Middle school group had great conversation and fun times.  One student explained to me what a ‘sneeze dive’ is.  Apparently in the halls someone will try to swing their binder at him, so he sneezes and then dives to the ground which alerts others.  This brings concern and sympathy.  While lying on the ground the other person who usually gives him a hard time has no chance for smacking.  Genius.

            I brought a game of checkers to teach the group how to play with Leng rules.  It’s hilarious to see the shock when I jump my own man.  What is this new way to play?!!  I enjoy the chaos and confusion just as much as the people who put all 15 balls onto the foosball table again.  Such joy!

            During lesson time a student couldn’t figure out how to make the faucet water cold.  Another student jumped up and helped.  It was fun when Bobby acknowledged how great the group was and how, “Teamwork makes the dream work.”  Later another student collected prayer requests without being asked to.  They are growing up and it is fun to watch the dynamic shift through the years. 

            The High schoolers were in full form on Wednesday.  A new fun fact is that “If you give Bobby your used popsicle stick he will eat it.”  Another student said, “Ewwww, gross, never bring that up again.”  Later, during the lesson about taming the tongue Bobby mused, “I wonder if people would lie more or less if their nose grew when they lied.”  A student answered with an ‘of course’ tone, “More!  Because they would use their nose to poke holes in the wall and climb with it.”

            Bobby brought home and baked Pizza for us Thursday night.  It was very sweet of him to wait for me.  He didn’t eat much all day, so he was really hungry.  I enjoy his company and that he is purposeful about reading a couples devotional every other Thursday (when we don’t have home group).  It gives us something to think about that’s for sure.

            Visiting Adriel in Portland filled my heart.  Her coworkers were delighted to meet me.  They wanted me to know they are taking good care of her.  She is well loved, and they want her to “thrive.”   She was surviving that day as her apartment had no power, but she indeed had a good lunch.  My coworker insisted I had to get food from “Montage”, and it was very good macaroni and cheese.  I enjoyed the food cart garbage station.  Art can be so fun and whimsical.  The Tree farm building I saw on the way to visit Adriel was amazingly fascinating to behold.  Portland has character and a lot of beautiful art.



            Adriel said Seth touched her heart when he wistfully said, “I didn’t know that when you moved to Portland it meant you wouldn’t come over to do laundry anymore.” 

            I did dream she visited.  We had a great chat with hugs.  We miss her dropping by.

            Then she did visit Saturday.  What great fun it was to see her shortly and find out she didn’t have green hair (which was cute, and I did like it) like in my dream. 

            Seth has a lot of mysterious presents.  I looked up national Custodian Day and that’s in October, so I was confused.  His Birthday isn’t till June, so I had to ask.  The answer was, “They are from the Upwards Basketball program.”  How nice.  He is appreciated for what he is doing when he cleans up after them and for when he lets people in.  He does a good job, and I am glad people show appreciation for it.

            May you find that your good deeds go rewarded.  May you feel God’s love as you worship and enjoy those around you.  May your joy be complete when you give out of His abundance to others.

            Hugs,  Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment