Monday, February 27, 2023

2/27/23

 Dear Family,

 

                Having Bobby home safe from his trip is fabulous.  I enjoy his company, cooking, and warmth.

                Seth let Pastor Marcus in to work on the house.  I reminded Seth thru text about it while he was at work, and he thought I meant he should let Marcus into the church the next morning.  He was willing to but very glad I meant home when he figured it out.  Being home in the morning is much easier than being out and about. 

                Middle school group was truly enjoyable.  They were so thankful when I made popcorn and I was pleased by how polite and sweet they are.  I was also delighted with their answers during lesson time.  Bobby wanted to keep M as the beginning of words so he had the three M’s of power.  Money, Might and M---------, the guesses included “Manipulation, Monocle, Majesty, and Mmmmmmaaaaaa?”  Bobby was going for Magistrate because he wanted being judge over others to be a thing.  Hilarious.

                I also enjoy the High School group.  They are chatty, engaged, and full of energy.  Bobby told a story during the lesson about helping people.  He was in Portland and walked by a quiet homeless person.  Bobby wanted to help so he went and bought a doughnut to give away.   When Bobby came back the person was yelling obscenities and Bobby felt horrible but couldn’t reinforce bad behavior.  This brought a large question to the mind of the youth.  Do you still have the doughnut?  I’ll eat it!  Much clamor was going on about the freebie.  Bobby could only say, “That was last week.  It would be hard as a rock by now.”

                Game time brings the opposite of the lesson.  We talk about putting others first but when it comes to competition that gets thrown out the door.  I find that kind of funny but also, kind of disturbing.  I wonder what God thinks about sports and competition.  I do know that it is good to train the body. (1 Timothy 14:1-11.)

                Snow days give people pause, excitement, dread, or general cozy feelings.  Adriel and Bobby both delighted in beautiful pictures of Portland blanketed.  Adriel walked to work.  I was glad for clear roads and drove to work a little early to make sure everything was fine.  Bobby enjoyed a day at home.  Seth said, “Online school doesn’t stop for snow.”  How was your snowy experience this week?

                Bobby and I cooked wonderful things on Friday.  I made scrambled eggs, Cheerio treats, mix, and bars in the morning.  Bobby made beef stroganoff in the afternoon, and it was sooooo delicious.  I enjoyed having a day off together because we joined each other for Pokémon raids and cozy couch-sitting.  Having time to relax is wonderful.  Being together is even better!

                May you enjoy your time off with the people you love.  May you find joy in being, love in doing, and strength in resting.  Love and hugs,

 

Cristy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment