Monday, February 20, 2023

2/20/23

 Dear family,

            Here’s hoping you had a wonderful Valentine’s Day and that you felt as loved as you are.  Throughout the years I have learned that if something isn’t in the plans (either before the day or later) then I cry on the day of (Valentine’s Day, Anniversary, or Birthday).  Nobody wants me to cry – especially me.  So, I have learned to prepare in advance.  Yes, there would be a youth group on Valentine’s Day, but we had already decided to celebrate our Valentine’s love on Thursday.  Phew!  So that meant Tuesday night during youth group I was happy to be with the youth.  And what a great group they are!  The excitement they show in greetings, gameplay, and interactive learning are delightful.

            As Bobby was playing the guitar and leading worship, I marveled at how precious this time was.  I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.  Yes, my feet hurt from standing all day, but I was happy to stand for songs.  I may have been tired but hearing their laughter and playful banter was so enjoyable.  I can’t quite describe how glad I was to serve.  Also, playing, “Honey if you love me won’t you please, please smile?with middle schoolers is one of the most fun games ever. 

            During the lesson, a theme verse was James 3:6 “The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.”  So, Bobby said he was going to put their “Tongues on fire.”  This brought excitement.  Ohhh spicy things, “Bring it on!”  There were many volunteers, and they were entertaining.  Yes, they felt some heat.

            For some reason, someone’s advice during gutter ball struck me as funny.” Just go like this and then let go of the ball.”  That they included, “let go of the ball.”  Had me chuckling.  Yes, you do have to let go for the ball to end up on the other side.

            I was excited to go experience all the fun again on Wednesday with the High Schoolers but went home early from work with a slight headache.  I took a nap at 3:30 but woke up at 4:30 PM with a bad headache.  I took two Aleve and went to bed again.  When I woke up at 9 PM I felt a little confused as to which day it was.  Then I was sad because I had missed youth group.  Bobby was sweet about it.  He had been a little worried.  We spent some time together then both went to bed around 9:30. I slept till 4:30 AM (which is a little late for me) and was ready for the day about 11 hours of sleep later.  I must have needed it. 

            Thursday, we had our Valentine's date.  I enjoyed being with Bobby at Chira’s and the good food.  26 years into marriage and we are settled into routines that include kindness, grace, and flexibility.  It is very nice that we get along.  We have worked thru a lot of issues and God has worked in our lives enough that we can bug each other, laugh, and enjoy the camaraderie.

            Friday Bobby was off to a High School retreat.  He will be back Monday so please pray for safe travels home. 

            Adriel answers the phone to let me know she is alive, and I continue to love that.  Bobby went up to bring her lunch and was glad he had some time to visit her. 

            Seth remains a loving constant.  A vendor at work liked my attitude enough to ask why I was so cheerful all the time.  When I told him it was Jesus in my heart he respected that and even came around to ask if I would work for him.  It came up that I have working-age children and he gave me his card to see if Seth might join the Coke workforce.  How interesting – I didn’t think Seth is looking for a job but have the person's card anyway.  Life sure is interesting.

            May you find interest in the life God has given you.  May you find joy in even your trials because the perseverance this produces is good, beneficial and God's will.  Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy

 


No comments:

Post a Comment