Monday, February 13, 2023

2/13/23

 Dear Family,

 

                Bobby made bean soup out of a frozen ham bone from Christmas time.  I was incredibly happy he used that up.  One of my main concerns is to have first in first out and get rid of things from the freezer.  Yay!!  I love all the good food Bobby makes.  He works hard and I am blessed whenever he puts effort into our meals.

                Middle school group was loud and fun.  They enjoy being together as evidenced by people showing up ½ an hour early.  Goodness!  I enjoyed playing Leng checkers and later, the lesson was fabulous.  I guessed all the blanks before they were announced so – success!

                High school group was grand.  During the lesson, Bobby was talking about being kind with our tongues.  He mentioned, “What if someone was showing off their baby and another person said, ‘That is the ugliest baby I have ever seen!’”  This brought up much speculation and laughter.  “That might not be mean if the parents agreed.”  It could be worse if the mean person said, “And the baby looks just like you!”  Yes, it is very easy to be mean with words.  So, it is good Bobby is teaching about how to be helpful, encouraging, and positive.

                I do find it interesting that practice makes me more proficient.  I used to have a swearing problem in fifth grade.  People would laugh and I love an audience.  I had to be purposeful about changing that habit.  Later I found sarcasm would also bring laughs.  But this was at the expense of another and that also didn’t work out, so I started being purposeful about good words and writing down the good in life.  I don’t struggle like I used to with swearing or being hilariously sarcastic at the expense of others.  I have been purposeful about remembering good things to write here and it has changed me for the better!

                Homegroup was delightful.  Interacting with adults is so peaceful and calm.  We chewed on the text and learned more about how going to God first is the best recourse in trouble. 

                Friday Bobby cooked ribs.  My favorite part for both of us is that he is fine with me eating something else.  More for him. I really enjoyed leftovers from his cooking on Thursday, and we had peace.  I am glad we have matured and are not offended like we used to be.  He might have been sad I did not eat what he cooked; I might have been unhappy that he cooked something I didn’t like.  Who cares, there is plenty of other food.  Yay!

                Seth continues to be a loving and ever-present joy.  I enjoy his company and hugs.  Sunday morning he inquired about some cereal and then said, “Well It’s obviously not healthy so I’ll eat it.”

                Adriel and I had a great chat Tuesday on my drive home before youth group.  She is a lovely person and I do miss her.  I am very glad when she answers her phone.  I never answer mine – it doesn’t even ring because it’s always silent.  This makes it special whenever anyone answers the phone when I call.  She also answers my, “Are you still alive texts.”  I am very glad she is still alive 😊

                May you find joy in knowing that those you love still live (here or in heaven).  May you enjoy the beauty of nature and the stillness of the morning.  Love and hugs, Cristy

 

 PS, fun games, laughter, yes.  I enjoy youth groups.


No comments:

Post a Comment