Monday, March 6, 2023

3/6/23

 Dear Family,

                Bobby noticed I was gone at work a lot so he folded my laundry for me.  I appreciated his help and thoughtfulness.

                Seth enjoyed some Chicken and Broccoli stir fry I made while Bobby was gone.   He also delights us during movies with his comments.  I truly enjoy his presence.  We watched Wakanda forever and he was saying how he hopes there will be dancing and happiness at his funeral.  I have been bugging him to fill out his Oregon Advance Directive, so I said, “Put that in there!”  It will be interesting to see what he wants.  Everyone, you need to fill that form out.  It’s important for the world to know what your desires are.

                Adriel welcomed me with open arms in Portland for a late lunch.  It is so good to see her and hear about how life is going.  She is full of love and hugs.  We catch up, reminisce, and delight in being together.  I wish her well in her growth and independence.

                Tuesday night Bobby canceled youth group from Idaho.  He was at a retreat for Camp leaders.  When I let him know it was snowing, we checked if the schools were canceled and therefore had to cancel youth group.  Wednesday night, Rich led High school group and it was a great introspective time about living life differently.  If we aren’t supposed to live life to get more stuff (Matthew 6:19-21) then what are we supposed to live life for?  Great . . . long . . . pause.  Figuring that out took a bit and we talked a little about crowns, winning souls, and good works, not investing in people just because we like having friends but investing because we can help lead them to the one who loves the most.  What a tragedy it would be if the ones closest to us watched us enter heaven and said, “You never told me!”

                Bobby came home from his retreat tired because it was after I went to bed.  I am glad he is back.  When he asked what he could cook one night I said, “Asparagus!” because it was $.99 a lb.  He made a yummy meal around asparagus and there was great rejoicing. 

                May you find God gives you grace for all those you encounter.  May you be glad in your heart when you help others.  May you do good works which God prepared in advance for you to do. 

 

Love,

 

 

Cristy





No comments:

Post a Comment