Sunday, March 12, 2023

3/13/23

 Dear Family,

 

            It is so nice having Bobby at home.  I love his cooking and that it included meat from the freezer.  We also enjoyed playing “Wingspan” which helps us learn about birds and lets me build.  I love building, growing, and creating a team, deck, or creation. 

            Middle school group was filled with a wonderful group of fun-loving people.  They interact with joy and excitement.  They remind their parents to bring them and are glad to be together.  The lesson from last week about stuff was used last night except it was done by Bobby which was completely different.  Instead of talking about the meaning of life, I found I was the main illustration because I had the habit of cleaning up after Bobby.  He would go away for weeks at a time, and I would box up many items, store them under the house, or do general cleaning.  When he came back, he would say, “Where’s my stuff” my answer was, “Where it belongs.” His confusion, “Where is that?”  My answer of, “I don’t remember” didn’t help his situation.  The main theme was to be less possessive of the items you have and be more focused on God and His will. 

                Wednesday night had some interesting insights during our pre-games.  One person mentioned we were playing strip gutter ball.  This brought many questions and looks.  Finally, “What kind of stripping are we doing here?”  And the answer, “He just took his coat off, don’t take this too far guys!”  There was relief and laughter.  Oh, that.  Later we heard Bobby was playing, “Killer checkers” with Sam.  Well, I said, “At least it’s better than strip gutter ball.”  Another came back with, “One person dies, how is that any better?”  Oh dear, he had a point.

                During the lesson, we discussed sharing our story and how we are "compelled" to share (Luke 8:39, John 3:39-42).  The picture was a bit confusing to Rich.  "Why did you include a picture of a 'Scary old quaker woman?'”  This brought up much consternation.  #1 how are quaker women scary?  #2 that’s Obi-Wan Kenobi!  What do you see?


                I enjoy walking with friends immensely.  These are precious times and the sun shone for us for the minutes we were outside.  What a blessing!  What fun.  Even more fun was when we sat down for a bit and her husband acted silly.  Do you see the husband in this picture?


                Home group on Thursday was good.  Everyone is glad to talk about God and sing his praises. 

                Friday, I had a nice nap from 4-6:30PM and was able to function enough to watch some shows with Bobby before we went to bed.  He made a wonderful dinner of chicken and scalloped potatoes.  I am so blessed that he cooks for us.  I really hate cooking.  Saturday we were entertained with a presentation about travel.  We enjoyed being together and figuring out what God’s will is for our future.  Not their sales pitch or the “free” airfare tickets either.  Oh well, it was fun to find ourselves of one mind about those things.

                May you also agree with the ones you love.  May you find peace in God’s will and promises.  May you endure the hard times and be blessed by the easy.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy

 PS if you want some Resturants.com $ or "free" airfare and 2 hotel nights with so many restrictions and a cost of $550 in fees and taxes they weren't worth it for us to use let me know I'll give them to you.

               

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment