Monday, March 20, 2023

3/20/23

 Dear Family,

           

            Having you in my life is a blessing.  People who accept and love are a boon to the soul.  I am thankful for you, my audience.  Your responses are precious, and your love is beyond what I could ask for.          

Bobby visited Adriel in Portland for lunch Monday.  I love getting their pictures and Bobby brought home some doughnuts that were yummy.  How fun to see them smiling.



            Seth gave me his book, “Kindred” by Octavia Butler to read.  I was almost halfway thru one day into it.  My attention was captured, and I am blessed by Seth’s generosity.  This book was from his college class.  It talks about racism and slavery which are subjects not to shy away from.  I was more than entertained.  I was educated.

            Adriel answers my texts, and I am blessed by her being alive.  Hearing that Walmart is moving out of Portland because of theft doesn’t make the town sound safe.  Yikes!  But Adriel assures me she is fine, and I am glad.

             Tuesday night youth group had so much excitement the youth were jumping up and down.  All this over a game that had to do with candy, flour and possibly having to fetch candy out of flour with your face.  They sure are delightful. 

            Wednesday night High school group had Bobby rolling on the ground laughing so hard.  One of the youths coughed as he was trying to get an M&M out of flower with his face.  The plumes were a beautiful array of spray that jump scared many with hops backward. 

This week Bobby cooked Cottage pie and it tasted fabulous.  I am blessed by his love, cooking, and presence.  Bobby mowed the lawn as much as the batteries would let him this week and did a great job. 

Seth mowed the rest of the lawn and teased me about how hard it is (oh the agony).  There was about 3 ft square to mow.  He believes that the more we mow it the faster it will grow.  Sigh.

Family blesses and so does reading.  I enjoy exploring new lands, hearing new ideas, and feeling what the author wants me to feel.  I am glad I have started picking books up again.  Reading the book, “Dream Releasers” by Wayne Cordero gave me a vision for discipling youth.  How exciting to help people grow in faith and in maturity.  I’ll be reaching out to a couple people when the weather is better because I like walking as I talk.  None of this sitting-down business.  Either way, I was blessed by reading the book and putting it in our church library.

May you find joy in a good book.  May you delight in the spring flowers that are beginning to show.  May you be glad for the changes God brings into your life.  Love and hugs, Cristy


Also, Bobby bought a game for camp.  Giant Clue.  When I asked what was different about the game he said, "It's for giants to play."  He wouldn't let that go and I just had to laugh.  Silly man.


No comments:

Post a Comment