Monday, January 3, 2022

1/3/21

 Dear Family,

 

            Happy New Year!  May 2022 bring you more joy than any of the years past.  When I look back I do notice babies came, marriages happened and life continued even through the hard times that Covid brought.  We persist, strive, and pursue because that is what it is to be human.  We are strong, we heal, we continue. 

            This week was quite wonderful.  I enjoyed being cozy and warm while snow fell.  I was able to get to work and back even though there were a couple inches on the ground and Bobby managed to enjoy youth group activities even with the “hazardous conditions.” 

            Bobby was happy to spend time with the youth at an arcade, shopping, going out to eat, and a movie.  This week there was no normal youth group – just winter break activities. 

            Bobby made Turkey and dumplings out of turkey leftovers.  He also made Ham and Broccoli Casserole out of Ham leftovers.  YUM!  Such amazing food.  When I confronted him about his declaration that he wouldn’t cook till the new year was over he said, “Well, I have to take care of the leftovers.”

I love my new year's tradition.  I go to bed on time just like a normal day.  Once someone asked me, “You don’t even stay up once a year?”  No – I don’t like torture even once a year.  Bobby is very kind about my desire to sleep.  He went to a friend's house without me and didn’t complain that I went to sleep.  I am so blessed by this.

            Bobby knows the best shows to watch and there is now a book of Boba Fett out.  Seth watched with us and had to comment during a scene where the main character is in the desert, being led and even dragged by his hands.  The poor guy needed food, water, and rest.  Seth came out with, “It would be really hard to live in the desert without wifi!”

            Seth made plans to have me nearby when it was time to pay for his college books.  He likes my desire to pay for his college.  When it came right down to it he said, “OK, It’s going to be a lot.”  He then had me look at the grand total.  $0.  Yay, he chose all the online books and boy do I like the price of community college. 

            Seth asked for a haircut and wanted the 1/8” setting.  Although it doesn’t look the most flattering he doesn’t care.  He wants the least amount of haircuts done in his life.  I think his priorities are fine so I oblige.

            Adriel came over to do laundry and borrow the sewing machine.  She is very sweet.  She brings, smiles, hugs, and love.  Adriel also let us know she was enjoying snowboarding on New Year and that she was thinking of us.  I definitely love her.

            May you also find love in your hearts for all those you encounter.  May your joy be full and your heart be generous.  Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy

            

No comments:

Post a Comment