Monday, January 17, 2022

1/17/21

 Dear Family,

 

                Some weeks are harder than others.  This week Oregon is scared of COVID which means they are ordering online more than shopping in the store.  I worked a lot of overtime this week.  Through all of this Bobby has been supportive.  My body, not so much.  My muscles are sore but my heart is warm.  I am blessed to have a husband that is understanding and loving.

                Bobby also made several dinners this week; steak and potatoes, grilled cheese, and BBQ chicken.  He continues to do that hard work even though I have not been home to eat the initial meal.  Leftovers are fabulous.

                Bobby heard me when I came home from work around 5 PM one day.  I said, “I want to crawl in a hole and die.”  I hadn’t said that since Adriel was born at 3:30 AM 20 years ago.  That’s how tired I was on Thursday.  I took a “nap” at 6:00 PM and woke up at 1 AM to work again at 5 AM.  I did miss the home group.   Pray for people working in Grocery stores, please.

                I did have a day off and was able to have a great conversation with Seth.  He asked, “How did I get diagnosed with Asthma anyway?”  My story was, “When you were a baby you and Adriel had a cold for two months.  I brought you both to the Dr. and said, ‘I haven’t gone to church, the park, or the library for two months and I am going crazy!’  He said, ‘OK, they have asthma, here’s a prescription for inhalers.’”  Seth was not impressed.  “I have had that diagnosis follow me all my life because you had cabin fever?”

                I had a great lunch with Adriel and mentioned Asthma to her.  She remembers having to use inhalers all throughout grade school for coughing fits and that Seth needed them to.  I am sad they really did need the diagnosis but glad it wasn’t just for me.  Now they have grown out of it so that is wonderful.

                Adriel has now experienced mucking out stalls and gotten to know some horse personalities.  She is experiencing horse life because her boyfriend loves horses and has begun a job working with them.  How fun.  I also like horses.  They are so beautiful, feel amazing and I love rubbing that spot that makes them happy. 



                May you also find joy in giving it.  May you find life is wonderful!  May you feel blessed and may you enjoy every breath God has given you.

                Much love,

  

Cristy

PS My brother-in-law had a hemorrhagic stroke on the right side of his brain.  Please pray for healing and his family as this is a hard time for all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment