Monday, March 1, 2021

3/1/21

 Dear Family,

 

            Peace is something we all crave, enjoy, and rest in.  Peace comes from right relationships and trusting in God.  I am glad our family has peace most of the time.  Sometimes I might disturb that by asking the family to clean bathrooms or mow the lawn but otherwise, all is well.

            I enjoyed hearing happy laughter and conversation coming from Adriel’s room the other day.  It made me smile to know she is having fun with friends. 

            As I was in prayer group (zoom meeting) Adriel overheard, “Does anyone have a praise?”  She had to share her excitement about her new position at work and that feels more like an adult.  Her enthusiasm was lovely.

            Seth continues amuse.  I received an e-mail saying that opening a youth savings account would have a .5% rate!  When I brought it up he resisted based on not wanting to give out his information.  “What rate am I getting now?  How do you know they won’t just take the money?”  He scoffed at the e-mail’s validity.  We had to explain FDIC insurance, that I already have an account at this credit union and that this is much better than he is getting at .02%.  (Which I had to look up.)  He finally agreed. 

            Bobby cooked several wonderful meals this week.  I was willing to buy asparagus at $.88 a pound and he made it into a meal.  YUM! 

            Middle School Youth group seems to be getting bigger and bigger.  I am glad it’s in the gym because there would be no other way to social distance.  They are happy to play volleyball, sit at big tables, and invite friends. 

            Our homegroup continues to be a wonderful gathering.  I enjoy the comradery and encouragement.  One question was, “What is your influence in helping people be closer to God?”  Several people didn’t think they had any but the rest of the group figured it out for them.

            May you find joy in knowing others and meeting with them.  May those you encounter feel the love you are sending out.  May God fill you overflowing with peace, goodness, and joy.  Hugs,

 

 

 

Cristy


PS: Isn’t it great when people refer?  I have a mom’s group and asked about the best house painter.  They referred me to Captain America.  I took a screenshot and texted Bobby asking if I could call to get quotes.  Then I posted in a Pokemon Go group about something completely different accidentally using this image.

The POGO people had to know, “Who is Captian America?  What does he do?”  I thought this was funny and hope you do as well J


No comments:

Post a Comment