Monday, February 22, 2021

2/22/21

 

Dear Family,

 

            Focusing on the bright side really does change everything.  When we are thankful, we are better people.  Being thankful brings out the best in others.  Our focus determines our future.  This week I am thankful for a family that is loving, comforting, and present. 

Adriel actively listens.  She is a blessing in that and her hugs are kind.  Adriel is excited to have moved up within her job.  She is now the receptionist with more hours, pay, and benefits.

Adriel becomes very excited when she receives clothes from people.  She had a trying-on party and was excited to share the bounty with a friend.  They can now look more professional.  This reminds me of Matthew 6:25-26 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?   Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

God takes care of us. 

I enjoyed going to the youth Group Glow party.  Bobby had black lights, 9 square, glow sticks, and food.  My favorite part was a chance to listen to youth and take cool pictures.



Youth group was the next night and people still came. 

The ice storm still lingers as 25% of Salem Keizer teachers and staff don’t have internet access, power, or hot water.  Seth can handle days off from school with no problem.  He is happy to have power.

So many people have said, “I am so glad we pruned this tree or that one.  I am so glad we cut such and such a tree down.”  We have a tree that was cut down years ago and, yes, I am very glad it is gone.  It was leaning towards Adriel’s window menacingly.  What I got out of this ice storm was, “If I don’t prune myself God will prune for me.”  I want to cut back on things that don’t honor God.  If I don’t he might violently yank them away with damages on all sides.



May you see what needs to be changed in your life and change it.  May you have wisdom in all things.  May you feel God’s joy and peace in your heart as you remember that He will take care of you.  Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment