Monday, November 30, 2020

11/30/2020 What are you Thankful for?

 

Dear Family,

                Wow, when Bobby takes time off of work he is super helpful!  He helped me put items in and out of storage, cleaned, and cooked.  Bobby enjoys cooking and I don’t mind cleaning.  I continue to marvel at how well this arrangement works for us.  He made hamburgers, Thanksgiving dinner, and a casserole this week.  YUM!  Amazingly, I don’t weigh more.  He also helped when I got out Christmas decorations.  He cares more than I do about how things are arranged. 

                We saw Adriel this week and heard how her life is.  She showed us videos of her skateboarding process and talked about her online learning experience.  I am glad she is sticking through to the end of this school year.  Adriel introduced us to a documentary on Netflix about Social Media and how it can be addictive.  It was super interesting and brought up some points that were new to me. 

                Seth noticed a drink I gave him at 6 PM had caffeine in it.  I was impressed that he decided to save it for the next day.  Seth continues to crack us up with his quips from the chair.  He’s always listening even when we forget he is there.

                I enjoyed visiting with my parents this week.  It was very fun to take walks, play board games and catch up on life.  They are delightful and I loved that everyone played dominoes together.  Yay!

                What impacted me most this week was sitting at church on Sunday and hearing baby noises.  I wondered who’s that was and looked around.  When I figured it out I gasped with excitement and surprise then my eyes started leaking.  I have prayed daily for several years that a family in our church would be able to adopt.  The waitlist is long.  They had a roller coaster ride to Florida and back this month.  They had prayed for 4 years for a baby girl.  I remember their kindergarten son also praying for his baby sister.  That baby in her home church this Sunday.  My heart exploded.

The sermon was about faith being perfected in waiting.  How appropriate.  Our church is blessed with a new person.  I am thankful for new life.

                What are you thankful for?  Let me know, Hugs,

 

Cristy

PS, the picture was requested by one of our kids.  Do a T pose!  LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment