Monday, November 9, 2020

11/9/2020

 

Dear Family,

                This week brought weird feelings!  While driving past the Capital Saturday afternoon I saw a bunch of flags, heard yelling, and saw signs about counting votes.  That was interesting.  I felt their energy. 

                Saturday at dusk I was driving the same area but this time I saw police lights and a bunch of police holding onto a truck – 9 on each side.  I thought that was weird and wondered what kind of accident happened.  Then I looked at the other side of the street and saw a bunch of people dressed in dark clothing.  This brought chills.  OH, they are expecting riots.  Stores boarded up their glass windows and were now boarding up the entryways.  Salem was expecting an attack.  I looked it up just now online.  People were arrested on Saturday.  What crazy times we live in.

                At home we have peace.  I was thrilled that Bobby went onto the roof to scrape away growing moss.  Bobby also made chicken pot pie this week and it is still delicious.  I enjoy Bobby’s cuddles and coziness.  I am now driving for instacart and am taking Monday off to be with Bobby.  How wonderful that it doesn’t feel like I am intruding.  He remains loving even though we see each other more than ever before.

                Bobby enjoys leading the youth group and bought a game called nine square.  It was warmly received and several youths had “Nine square” as a praise in their praise and prayer requests.  How fun!

                Adriel is sweet and joined us at a friend's Birthday party.  It was wonderful to celebrate in a small way.  Adriel also had a friend over Sunday night.  Such sweet people – Adriel has amazing choices when it comes to the company she keeps.

                Seth was given an award last week.  He downplayed it. Later I read the text.  Seth is the Tech Pro of the Month – the explanation is that “He has proven himself very capable in editing many different projects in Digital Arts.  He is consistently seeking to help with whatever work needs to be done.  His ability to work with a variety of programs gives his expertise a higher value during the distance learning time.  Seth also adds his own creative aspects to a project as is helpful.”  Well, bowl me over with a feather J I am tickled pink. 

                I also noticed Seth is kind to me.  When I was little my dad did aerobics for about a week.  My sister and I hid behind the couch, watched him, and laughed hysterically.  Watching dad do aerobics not only made me laugh then but it took about 2 months of doing a class in college for me not to giggle the whole class through.  For some reason jumping around was the funniest thing ever.  I have been doing aerobics of some form since before the kids were born.  They don’t usually see me because everyone is sleeping but my schedule is different now and Seth has been in the room when I am working out.  I find it very kind of him to simply ignore me like nothing is going on.  This is much nicer than my sister and I were to my poor father.

                As you ponder your kindness factor please remember we are all just trying to make it through this year.  May you find peace as you pray your worries away.  May you find strength as you follow God and his will.  May your love be great and may it cover a multitude of bad.  May you forgive, be forgiven, and find the strength to carry on!  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy

PS thank you to Sarah DuVal for a lovely walk and this fun picture :-).



               

No comments:

Post a Comment