Tuesday, November 3, 2020

11/3/2020

 Dear Family,

 

The survival of the fittest was demonstrated in our house this week.  Skyra our cat has been doing her job too well.  She brought in 4 live mice and one dead within two days.  She would then drop and play with the live ones while the mouse hid and the entire family had to help by moving furniture around.  Everything is fully swept.  UGH!  The solution was simple.  Our cat door locks.  Now she can get out no problem but Skyra needs permission to get in.  Now I check every time she wants in.  If she has a mouse she’s not allowed in.  She did have a mouse a couple of days ago and I was very glad to see it run away and her give chase.  Too many presents for my taste. 

In all this Adriel rescued me once and Bobby did twice with the live critters.  Ugh. 

On another note, we had several wonderful family dinners this week.  Bobby enjoys choosing the menu and I continue to be glad to clean up.  It is good to have peace.

Adriel had a fever for a couple of days.  She was afraid it was COVID so she was tested.  Her happy dance when the test came back negative was heartfelt and wonderful.  We have a healthy fear and Adriel does not want to hurt anyone.

To differentiate her skateboard from another person who had the same board, Adriel painted some of the grip tape on top of her skateboard.  I mentioned that to an employee at a skate shop called Caake and he became excited.  Art is fun.  Adriel has great talent.

Adriel made me proud this weekend.  Seth felt concerned because he crunched her car a little with the truck he drives.  He was willing to pay for repairs but didn’t know how much it would cost.  After talking with me about if he should tell her or not he went to Adriel and confessed.  She looked at it the next day and told him not to worry about it.  She is not concerned with imperfections or anything that is only cosmetic.  I delight that she is down to earth.  People are way more important than things and Adriel modeled this beautifully.

Our church’s Trunk or Treat event was delightful.  I have such fond memories of days gone by.  The happy smiling, “Thank you’s” melted my heart and reminded me of when my kids were small.  The smiles, excitement, and delight warmed my heart.  What a fun holiday! 

May you find joy in each season and each special day.  May you delight in all God has for you, may his peace that passes understanding be in and with you through and through.

 

Much love!  Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment