Monday, June 1, 2020

6/1/2020

Dear Family,

                As time flies, things change dramatically and our hearts may feel crushed some things stay the same.  Bobby made chili dogs Monday and we reminisced about camping, hiking, fun times, and that we have been sitting in the same seats around the dining table for 13 years.   Seth was so small at the age of 3, now he is taller than all of us.  Chipmunk voices no longer grace us and pitter-patter is more like elephant thuds.  My heart is bursting at the shared history and good times we have experienced here.

                We are surviving a pandemic.  Oregon is opening up, thank goodness!  We are glad Adriel came home safe from a camping trip.  She was responsible enough to clean the tent and her car afterward. 

                Bobby and I enjoyed going to the beach to celebrate our 24th anniversary.  How wonderful to know God continues to provide for us.  His love remains the same and we are blessed.  I say I am so glad we are a good company because for several years we fought constantly.  Those were hard times and I am very glad we get along now.  The kids said their proof of God is that we are still together.  May God be glorified even in our weakness.

                I promised myself as a teen that I would listen to my kids if they wanted to talk into the night.  So, I did, I listened to Adriel talk.  I enjoyed her company and went to bed late.  May I continue to influence her life as long as I can. 

                Before Bobby and I left for the Beach Bobby told Seth not to burn the house down.  Seth smiled and said, “Where do we keep the matches by the way.”  I love his sense of humor.  The first time Seth lit a match (years ago) he dropped it and jumped back.  He isn’t that interested in fire. 

                Seth mowed the lawn and is keeping up with homework.  What a weird, weird time this is.  May we thank God that even in a time of pruning, uncertainty, and fear He is Lord, He is sovereign and He is love.

                Hugs,

 

 

Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment