Sunday, June 14, 2020

6/14/2020

Dear Family,

                We were created to do good works.  The desire of my heart is to be helpful and useful.  May God show me how.  I believe the best way to help my Bobby is nice words – this blessings letter is an extension of that.  Focusing on the good while the world is burning around us doesn’t change the world, but it does change our outlook.  So... here goes

                Blessings come unexpectedly.  I asked Bobby what he wanted for fathers day.  He wants “Lots of stuff”.  I said, “Well it can be $100 and you can get lots of stuff, or we can have a meal and that’s something – it’s what I did for Mothers day.”  Bobby’s response was, “I wonder how many puppies I could get for $100.”  I responded very fast with “0”.  Bobby thought this was hilarious and wanted to know Seth’s reaction (Seth was with us in the living room facing our way).  He asked Seth, “Did you hear that?”  Seth shows us his device, “I’m reading the Bible so, no.”  For some reason, this conversation tickled me.  We never know if Seth is listening.  This time God’s word interested Seth more than us.

                Seth picked the rest of the cherries.  Our tree is tall so it is nice to have our tallest member pick the last of them.  He mowed the lawn this week and is generally helpful.  I love watching Seth help with worship back in the tech person box.  Knowing he is doing good works warms my heart.

Seth and Adriel are helping pick raspberries.  I am glad.  I have started picking only the top or bottom row.  Now they can go out there and be helpful!  Both are glad school is out for summer.  Yay for passing grades. 

Adriel is working through the issues of the day and I love listening to her process.  I am learning through her because I become too depressed watching the news.  I can’t handle it.  Hearing Adriel wrestling with the issues is informative and not as visual as watching.  I can handle second-hand news.  Her hugs and love also bless me.  Our Adriel is a gem and delight.

Bobby cooked Carne Asada on Monday.  When Seth went back for more Bobby was delighted.  He took all day to cook.  Having others appreciate that hard work made his day.  Bobby also made shortbread and we are all enjoying Strawberry shortcake.  YUM!!

Bobby and I enjoyed a short jaunt to Portland to pick up some items for an upcoming Youth Group event.  I told him if he wanted me available he would need to help me put Rotary Strawberries into Tupperware and it would take an hour.  His help took a two-hour job and turned it into a half an hour.  WOW!  He said he would be fine helping again and I enjoyed the companionship and speed.  How blessed we are to have each other.   

How blessed I am to have you in my life.  Family, I love you!  I appreciate you, am glad you are in my life and would love to hear if you all are surviving.  Hugs,

 

 

 

Cristy

PS, this is Seth before a haircut.  He's rough, he's tough - on the computer :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment