Monday, June 22, 2020

6/22/2020

Dear Family,

            Hope lifts spirits, brings sunshine through the clouds, and brightens our day.  So do cookies.  Have you found hope in the little things?  Have you taken the time to look at the flowers, green trees, and delightful creatures that live on our earth?  Have you delighted in warm air?  Right now, it feels like that is all we can delight in – is it enough? 

Oh Lord, please heal our land!  Bring joy to our hearts.  We invite your presence today because we so desperately need you.

This week has had wonderful moments.  I will share them and would love to hear yours.  Even though we can’t be together as much we can share the good that life brings.

I told Seth I wanted him to job search for one hour and apply for one hour a day or do something work-related for two hours.  He asked if coding a computer game counted and I said, “Yes.”  What do you know but Seth has been doing this already for two weeks.  Yay, Seth.  Seth also cleaned his room and has been picking raspberries.  I am glad he is acting responsibly.

I was using a pet hair grooming glove on our cat with amazing results.  Seth mentioned I was going to make her a “Hairless goblin.” 

Bobby and Seth were helping me pick raspberries and Seth showed me that he picked half a cup with the words, “Can I please go inside now?”  I said, “Yes, but don’t you want to pick them all?” As he was walking away Seth said, “Take a wild guess.” 

Bobby made dinner several times this week and our entire family had a nice chat one night.  It was very nice to be together and enjoy each other’s company.  Bobby also enjoyed a Father’s day where he did what he wanted and smoked ribs and steak.  He is cute when he is happy.

Adriel and I were very glad to see the Hilby family this week.  They are in town and we were invited to a BBQ.  I think it had been five years.  The kids are all grown up, beautiful and fun.  I am thankful for friends.

May you find joy in the small things.  May God grant you peace that passes all understanding.  May your life be full, blessed, and good.  Much Love,

 

 

Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment