Monday, February 18, 2019

Not even funny mom.

Dear Family,
                Adriel is usually gone with her friends these days.  She has always cared so much about people.  When Adriel was little she did something to get all her toys confiscated.  While she was sleeping I boxed all toys up and put them in “The Heavens.”  The next morning Adriel woke up, came to breakfast and was happy as a clam.  She had not noticed that all her toys were gone.  She did not care that much at all.  She eventually earned them back.  I don’t have to wonder – though – why she remains the same.  Nothing really matters – she just wants to be with friends.
                Adriel enjoys student teaching.  She is able to help a grade school teacher with bi-lingual work.  She especially loves being treated like a peer by the teacher. 
                Bobby is home safe from men’s retreat.  It’s always nice to have him back home, safe and sound.  I heard that the retreat was a wonderful time for all.  Yay for men getting together to learn more about God!
                Bobby thanked me for helping at youth group.  I am glad to do God’s work.
                I showed Seth a comic and told him he now has a new life purpose.

Seth was holding back a smile.  Barely.  He said, “That’s not even funny mom.”  Why do teens have to be like that?  Holding back a smile when this is obviously the funniest comic ever!
                Seth drove me over the bridge, to Turner and back.  He has gained confidence and does lane changes well.  I am proud.  I am also more scared for my life.  He stops too close to other cars for my comfort at lights.  I let him know but he tells me he is doing fine.  I am glad he has confidence.  I just wish he didn’t have more than I do.
                Bobby made several wonderful meals this week (including Valentine's dinner).  We talked about the imperfect fruit delivery service and know that our family does not eat large amount of fresh fruit or veggies.  Imperfect cookies on the other hand . . .
                I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day.  May you find love in all the people you encounter.  May you enjoy the beautiful nature that God provides.  May you give joy to all you know.  Hugs,




Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment