Monday, February 11, 2019

Should Fortnight bring shame?

Dear Family,
                Shame comes in many forms.  A girl in the school I work at said, “I am so ashamed.”  She looked downcast and was willing to confess.  She said, “I played Fortnight this morning before school.  I was hiding from my mom!”  This made me chuckle.  I had to tell her, “My husband plays Fortnight in the mornings sometimes too.”  On our snow day this week I was listening to Bobby play Fortnight – actually – he was totally witnessing.  He was talking about not taking the Lord's name in vain, and about how God loves people but doesn’t approve of sin.  Cool!  I love that!  I did mention to Seth about the funny girl at school.  Seth had to give his two cents.  “The only problem is, Dad, is not ashamed at all.”  Seth believes any game aimed at young teens is for the garbage heap.
                I told Bobby he was the best.  He announced to Seth, “Did you hear that Seth?”  Seth said, “Title has been revoked due to bragging.”
                I love that Adriel and I pray together.  On our snow day, Adriel awoke happily, “We prayed for a less stressful day!  Woo Hoo!”  I promised myself I would enjoy the snow at least once this year if we had a snow day.  We borrowed some grade schoolers and enjoyed walking and having snowballs thrown at us.  Bobby said it was, “The best day ever.”

                Seth is glad he is not forced to have fun.  He stayed home and cooked for himself.  I’m glad he makes his own food.  He glad that he is not forced to frolic.
                I love that Seth wants to go to Youth Group early.
                I stopped by ‘Rainbow West Christian Supply’ this week.  I thought, maybe I can see how they put items in their inventory.  The salesperson was excited about the book Adriel and I made. We were also able to talk about how God gives us each different abilities.  I am so excited that Adriel’s drawings bring my words to life.  They are such a blessing!
                Bobby made several wonderful dishes this week.  It’s fun to be served, to thank and be filled with gratitude. 
                I truly enjoy playing games with our friends.  Bobby and I are very blessed.
                Adriel came home Saturday morning and handed me a Frappe!  How nice of her!  She said, “I won’t drink it, I’m going to bed.”  She slept well and all is wonderful.
                Seth drove me over the bridge and back this week.  He is gaining confidence, and I enjoy chatting with him.
Seth was asked to go to church for music rehearsal.  He was supposed to change the slide words if there was that need.  Yay Seth :-) 
                Adriel and Bobby cleaned a drain this week.  It was bad.  They used two bottles of Drano!  Yikes.  Yay for learning life skills.  I’m glad they worked on it together and did a good job.  Yay for teamwork!!
                May you also be a great team player.  May those around you find joy in your presence.  May God fill you with peace, love, and health.  Hugs,

Cristy
P.S. This is how my cat feels about snow.

                

No comments:

Post a Comment