Monday, February 4, 2019

2/4/19 Comedy Gold

Dear Family,

I love comedy gold.  It’s everywhere when you are looking.
Sometimes I love helping at youth group because I know I did well.  Sometimes I enjoy that Bobby thanks me.  Sometimes I just enjoy the comedy gold.  This week Bobby was telling the youth to, “Be kind to your parents even though they make mistakes.  You also make mistakes.”  Someone from the crowd shouted, “I’m a mistake.”
            Bobby also said, “If someone cuts me off when I’m driving it’s bad for me to ram my car into them.” 
            We managed to set a time and date for Adriel’s Graduation party.  The graduation ceremony is Thursday, June 6.  Her party is June 9th, 4-7 PM.  Those are the hours she has to stay home.  You all have more choices but Adriel – well, we are making her stay 3 hours.  Finding a date was hard.  I am glad we figured that out.
            This week Adriel and I have been praying for her band friend DJ Tunzat.  I know him because I have brought him home a couple times from Kalapuya (or was is Straub???)  when they were younger.  We also prayed for my coworker's son who had a concussion.  It is good to talk and pray with my Adriel.  It is very good that God heals!
            I love seeing Bobby took the High School youth group to Dairy Queen.  Fun times.  I love it that Bobby leads a boys group, “Be a man” at the Local Roth’s store.  It cracks me up that one of our youth uses his app to ‘check in’ at the liquor store next door.  I told him he should tag Bobby next time.  Bobby said he is buying a puppy!  NEVER MIND!  Goodness – some people do not like jokes.
            Even though it is kind of mean I do enjoy watching our cat Skyra steal things from Bobby.  If you haven’t seen the videos I posted they are on Facebook.  She wants his paint brushes, the figurines he is trying to paint and any random pen.  Poor Bobby. 

            Teaching Seth to drive is good.  He is a sweetheart.  I was trying to make conversation and want to know if he finds anything funny.  I asked, “Anything funny happen at school?” No.  “Was anyone funny at your school?  Even just looking at them?”  Seth violently reacted and asked if I was a bully.  Oh dear – I didn’t mean it that way. 
            May you be able to laugh without offending those around you.  May your humor not be at others expense.  May I take my own advice.  Love,


Cristy
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment