Monday, January 28, 2019

1/28/19 Ice Skating Joy

Dear Family,

                Sometimes the best thing that happened is nothing.  Ice skating with the youth group resulted in no one going home changed for the worse.  Safety first makes sense when it comes to the wellbeing of those we care for.  We did have fun, got to know each other better, practiced our ice skating technique (it had been over 10 years for me it seemed).  Bobby even bought food and carousel tickets for everyone.  How fun to have such colorful pictures.

                I believe talking with Adriel is good!  She is figuring out life.  She is listening, she is questioning and desires knowledge.  Oh that she would avoid my mistakes.  May she obey God more than I did.  May her desire be to serve Him.  Don’t we all want this for our kids?
                A favorite Adriel quote from her friends is, “That really tickles my toenails.”  She said, “That’s old,” and, “I don’t say that anymore,” but her friends were saying they loved it so, good memories.
                Adriel enjoys going out with friends and this Friday she had fun in Portland.  Yay, her.  I’m glad she can get out and be.
                Adriel drew an amazing picture this week.  She brings my words to life and gives them depth and feeling.  I am excited about the next book we are creating!

                Seth writes reviews on Steam about video games.  Wait – he writes!!  He never enjoyed writing before but finds this worth it.  How fun.  He is an expert in his field and needs to let others know his findings.
                Seth mowed the lawn this week.  I’m so glad he gets out there and helps us.  He is a great son.
                Having Seth drive me around town for an hour is good.  I love listening to him talk.  I’m glad to get errands done and he is much more confident driving in West Salem.  In a couple of weeks after he has driven 20 hours – it’s time to cross the bridge!
                I enjoy time with Bobby.  We had a fun date this week and we enjoyed watching Raising Hope.  Bobby is such a great friend to those who know him.  I love that he is a comfort to those in need.
                I enjoy home group.  Bobby leads well.  He has created a safe atmosphere for people to grow and learn more about God.  I love the different perspectives people bring for each other.
                Sunday night Bobby and I watched Ty Boice do a comic routine.  He used to be a youth in Gold Beach.  He is all grown up with kids!  How fun to reminisce about old times on the drive back.  How fun to see our youth grown up. 

                May you enjoy seeing those from your past.  May God bless you with good memories.  May your heart be full and your hands work hard.  Much love,




Cristy  

No comments:

Post a Comment