Monday, January 14, 2019

1/14/19 I can't feel my face

Dear Family,
                Sickness.  4 AM.  Adriel entered my world when she could not sleep.  I am up at that time, getting ready for work.   She is a sweet girl, my Adriel.  She was better, then not OK, then sick again this week.  Please pray she has wisdom enough to go to the Dr. if she needs to.  Amidst all this Adriel did make a beautiful drawing for our book and has managed to keep up on homework.
                Seth goes to the Bible study Bobby leads.  I love that.  Seth does not like it that his dad gives him homework but he does it, and life is good. 
During Wednesday night prayer group a person asked for prayer about finals.  Wait.  My kids have finals.  I wonder how they feel about this.  I asked Seth if he was worried.  He said he is not concerned at all.  “I have only studied for one class in my life and I have done fine so far,”  I asked Adriel about her feelings concerning finals.  She said, “Finals are easy.”  So the only person concerned about their finals is . . . me.
Seth’s Saturday driving is a great time to get West Salem errands done.  We have great conversation and he is learning about drive-through windows, the car wash, lines and not blocking traffic.  We both enjoyed imagining (NEVER will we do this) bringing the cat with us through the car wash.  I reminded him that he and Adriel cried their first time I brought them.  I love the beauty of being inside a vehicle while it is being cleaned.  We joked about the best time to open a window.
When Bobby and I asked Seth where Adriel was one night he said, “Maybe with Rian.”  He offered up more detail, “She took her computer and gave it to Adin!”  So, from Seth, we know more about Adriel’s computer than about Adriel.
During Youth Group Bobby was talking about messing up.  He mentioned Adam and Eve, when God said, “How did you know you were naked?”  The kids perked up then.  “What?” 
Home group was wonderful.  I enjoy the singing, people, and a lesson.  It’s a safe place.  I am glad we can be vulnerable with each other.
Bobby made Chicken Pot pie from scratch this week.  It was so yummy!  It is gone, that fast. 
Bobby gleefully told me he watched the cat walk on my face while I was sleeping.  I slept right through it.  Cats bring joy to everyone. 

May you also bring joy to those you know in your own way.  May you be filled with God’s love, overflowing, and may you be able to give out of your abundance.  Much love,

Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment