Monday, February 25, 2019

Emu war, it's a thing!

Dear Family,

Entertainment is looking at what is free on Craigslist.  My favorite so far has been “Stinky the Goat.”  I mentioned to Seth there is a free Emu on Craigslist.  We ‘need’ an Emu!  Seth said, “Wasn’t there a war against Emu’s?”  What???  I had to look this up.  In 1932 Australia declared war on Emu’s and lost.  “They can face machine guns with the invulnerability of tanks. They are like Zulus.”  ("New Strategy In A War On The Emu"Sunday Herald. 5 July 1953. p. 13.).  I asked Seth how in the world he knew about this.  YouTube has videos.  Seth enjoys YouTube videos.  I looked it up on Wikipedia.  It’s true – it’s online!  Sooooo, no free Emu for us.

            Seth packed all by himself.  I know, I know, he is a big boy and has been doing this for a while.  It is still fun to delight in small things.  This weekend Seth went to the High School retreat with Bobby and the youth group.  He liked the food, music, and messages.  Yay!
            Adriel was entertaining as she fought a friend online with a car race typing game.  Adriel is excited about her new job.  She said, “It was the easiest interview I have ever had.”  Yay God!  Now Adriel plans on living here until she goes off to College in the fall!
            Bobby brought me to my new favorite restaurant this week, Saigon restaurant & grill.  I have not eaten Vietnamese food in years.  It was yummy.  I love the mix of peanuts and mint.
            Youth group went well.  We had two kids on electric guitar.  Their sounds were funny for both songs.  Bobby mentioned it.  One song was the kids playing with their sounds.  The other song it was Rich Duvall in the back messing with the Wawa.
            I was excited to be at work on Monday.  It was a little extreme.  A coworker asked why I was so chipper.  I described the nightmare I had the night before.  I was half an hour late for work, I had to go to the bathroom.  I was at my ‘parents’ house (but it was a huge mansion – housing hundreds) and no bathrooms were available.  I was begging people to let me use the bathroom so I could go to work but no one would let me.  So much angst!  I woke up on time and was glad it was a dream.  So glad I could make it to work. 
            I mentioned this dream and my mood to Bobby.  He said he is just glad I do not get mad at him anymore for the things he does in my dreams.  Early on in our marriage not only would I be mad, but I would also stay mad, LIVID.  He would say, “But I didn’t do anything.”  I would say, “You have the potential” and storm!  I am also glad I’m not like that anymore.
            Around 2 am one night this week Skyra jumped onto the bed purring.  Out went my hand and Bobby’s hand to pet her.  She went to Bobby (the traitor).  As Bobby was petting her – I heard him snore!  I thought that was pretty funny.
            May you practice kindness and love so much you can be loving even in your sleep.  May you enjoy the softness of a fluffy animal and the beauty of anything green (stoplights!).  May you find joy in those you encounter and may you delight in God’s eternal love.

Hugs,

Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment