Monday, March 4, 2019

Prayer request

Dear Family,
            Sermons can hit hard.  One person gave me 8x more than she owed for lost library items because she was convicted in the sermon that Sunday.  She wanted to remain, “Above reproach.”  She said, “Buy something special for the library.”  How fun!  I looked up ‘best Christian movies’ and bought some.  I enjoyed watching Cecil B. DeMille’s ‘The Ten Commandments.’ It was entertaining.  Seth tried to pick apart the special effects at first but then just gave in and started watching (by the time the red sea parted Seth was gone thank goodness).  How fun to enjoy a movie from the 1950s.  There was an overt message about slavery being bad.  I found that compelling.
            I love that Seth continues to pray with me when I ask.  Right now he needs prayer because he is sick with a cold and a fever.  We have a Dr. Appointment for 3:00 today.  I feel bad for him as he continues to sleep and cough a lot.
            Youth group on Tuesday was nice.  The message about loving enemies was spot on.  Wednesday and Monday were snow days!  Bobby had fun sledding with youth.  Bobby was also very kind to think of me concerning a new game he acquired.  I did not like playing because the focus was more offense.  I like building things but it was wonderful to be thought of.
            Bobby was my hero this week when he replaced the lower element on our oven!  I heard no complaints!  He was shocked to see that the element had broken in half during extraction.  It really was time!
            Bobby made some yummy soup this week and we are glad to be well fed.
            Adriel is enjoying working hard at her new job.  She dresses up pretty and I love seeing her look adorable.  Adriel went on a trip last weekend and is now house sitting.  I told her I will miss her.  She said, “You can take me out to eat on Sunday.”  How fun to have a weekly meeting.
            May your mind find beauty all around you.  May you be able to see the joy that surrounds too.  May you feel God’s loving arms, embrace and encircle you and your loved ones.  Hugs,




Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment