Monday, March 18, 2019

She likes sharks


Dear Family,

            I have more rescue details.  Omitting this conversation from last week’s blessings simply shows I can be forgetful.  While driving towards Tapawingo on the one-lane gravel road Seth decided 10 miles an hour was the best speed.  I asked him to go 20 MPH.  He said, “Notice certain death on our right?  Fine, I’ll go 15.”  I acquiesced and said, “I’m fine with you driving your comfort zone but inside I’m screaming.”  I am glad the gravel only lasts three miles.
            Seth drove I-5 South this Saturday.  He did great!  I’ll have him go I-5 North next week.  It is good Seth has confidence.  Instead of him gripping the steering wheel, now I grip the car door while pressing on my pretend brake.  I remember my mother also doing this.  Good times.  We will survive.
            Seth helped me carry heavy boxes towards West High school.  I am glad they could use the food my kitchen won’t be needing.  It was fun to show my co-worker my son. 
            Adriel likes her job and is impressed that she gets paid for mileage.  She said, “That’s a lot mom.” 
            When I asked Adriel what stamps she likes, she said, “Sharks.”  I looked it up.  Drat – Sharks are not stamps I can order from the Post office now.  They came out in 2017 during shark week and are now being sold for $2.00 each!  That’s a markup!  Stamp collecting can be a business!

            Bobby was still so sick on Tuesday that Rich led youth group.  He commanded respect, spoke with authority and did great!  He does work in the school.  I think he is a great teacher and this is NOT just because I didn’t want to lead.
            It was sweet that the kids prayed for Bobby to get better on Tuesday.  Wednesday Bobby led the High School group and Thursday he did a great job at Homegroup.  He still coughs but insists he is not contagious.  I am glad he is on the mend.
            A date with Bobby was nice on Saturday.  We enjoyed the Pho and the hostess said, “Thaaaaaaank you!” when she found out hers is my new favorite restaurant.  On the way home I enjoyed seeing some youth from my school.  I waved and they said, “Do I know you?!” as they approached.  They gave me high fives and asked if I had any food for them because I am their, “Lunch lady!”  Bobby was impressed by their lack of fear.
            May God bless you with sunshine, flowers, and fresh air.  May you be excited about the future and may you give our Lord anything that worries or scared you.  May you know, “How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ” for you. Eph 3:18.  Hugs,



Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment