Monday, April 30, 2018

4/30/18

Dear Family,

            One of the greatest blessings of my job is days off!  I loved that the teachers had a grading day.  Yay!!  This brings up grades in our conversations and Seth helped his grade by baking a “Depression-era” cake.  It was made with ingredients like bacon drippings, raisins and grape juice.  We thought it would be disgusting.  I liked it!  Seth’s favorite part was that I bought bacon (for the drippings).  He said, “No matter how the cake tastes we have bacon, so it’s a win-win.”
            When I was growing up our family enjoyed teaching my friends how to water ski.  I remember we felt a great victory for each person who had their first experience walking on water.  It drew us nearer to each other and the newbie we introduced to the water.  It was my families’ version of fun.
            I am interested to find that my new family (Bobby and the kids) are enjoying showing Adriel’s boyfriend David, movies.  Bobby and Adriel like to quote so we are introducing him to the origin of all these quotes.  I enjoy this as well since I can do book work in the background.
            I also enjoyed it when I said, “I’m going to call Ripley” (the cat).  The family groaned, and David asked, “On the phone?”  Apparently, my family doesn’t like how loud I do, “Here kitty, kitty.”
            Adriel moved out this week and said she enjoyed it very much.  She may have a future in house sitting ;-).  I think it was hard for her to come home after a couple of days of freedom. 
            Adriel also came to my school this week during the last part of the day because of, “Take your child to school day.”  She wasn’t willing to wake up early and come at 6 AM but since she can drive she did want to miss a class or two.  It was nice to have her help out so I could go home a little earlier.
            When Adriel found out we had bacon, she cooked the rest and Seth was very happy to eat some.  I don’t usually buy it because I think it’s gross but boy, the rest of the family loves it.  Seth even said, “Thank you” to Adriel.
            Bobby cooked something I had been craving, and I was very excited and thankful.  He’s so sweet!  Bobby was also excited to go to the new Avengers movie with me.  I love how much fun we have just being together.  We aren’t kids anymore, but we are lifelong partners.
            May you find that where you are in life is good.  May you be OK with the hard work God has for you now.  May you know that God is in control and He will work things out for the good. 

Much Love,


Cristy

            

No comments:

Post a Comment