Monday, April 2, 2018

4/2/18

Dear Family,
Right now I am simply reflecting on how wonderful it is that Jesus cared enough to die for us and had enough power to rise from the dead.  That is a “Wow” thing.  Other than the amazing fact that a being far superior to me cares and interacts with me, this week has many other blessings as well, also some funny things.
We have babies!  I don’t know if they are Sunflowers or watermelon, but either one I’m excited to see them popping up and I planted more.  I know I spread sunflower seeds in the fall before I toss out the heads.  I barely remember putting some watermelon out there just to get rid of the packet maybe a month ago.  How fun, maybe we will reap what I did sow even though I don’t water anymore.
Seth had many fillings done this week.  It’s a blessing we have dental care.  Seth declared that Naproxen Sodium is great stuff after the novocaine wore off.  He didn’t like the feeling of numbness and worried a tooth or two might fall out.  I thought that was pretty cute.
I must mention how fun Seth was on the way home from Best Buy with his new computer.  He would have hugged it on his lap the whole time if it was small enough but it wasn’t.  He put it in the back seat because “It could break” in the trunk.  Then he told me to drive with “No sudden stops.”  There is tempered glass on one entire side, so he was concerned about the glass breaking.  It was adorable.
Another fun incident this week was when Seth was feeling frustrated that Ripley doesn’t come to him when he calls her.  I gave him the treat bag and told him to jiggle it while he called her.  He jiggled the bag and Ripley came running – to me.  We had to laugh; then he called her while jiggling the bag and she came to him.  (If he wants to train her he has to have treats.)
Seth mowed the lawn and helped with dishes while Adriel and Bobby were gone.  Seth also thanked me for making Lasagna.  Our rule is you have to thank the person for cooking (making an effort).  If you thank them for making the specific food that’s a bonus.
It is a blessing to have Bobby and Adriel home.  Adriel was able to draw two drawings this weekend, and that is a real blessing to me. 
I enjoyed watching a movie with Bobby on Saturday.  It was nice to spend some time with him.  Also, no murders on the trip.  Adriel and her special friend even held hands, and everyone survived.
May you grasp how deep and how wide God’s love is.  May you know His power and might.  May you seek His wisdom and find it.  Hugs,  Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment