Monday, April 16, 2018

4/16/18

Dear Family,

                Yesterday Seth sat with the teens at church.  It was neat to see and I liked that he has grown up in his own way.  It threw Bobby for a little loop but Seth was only sitting one aisle back so it wasn’t that hard to find him. 
                I love how the kids react when I learn a new word.  They groan because I am so tickled with myself.  This week Adriel showed me a video and the new words were; Woke and mansplaining.  I get over excited and tell them I will use these in sentences whenever I can.  I forgot about woke but mansplaining was fun to use a couple of times.
                Seth and Bobby mowed the lawn this week.  Oh, to cement the whole yard like I said I would when I was a teen.  I always hated doing yard work and I said, “When I am an adult I’ll cement my whole yard.”  You should have seen my neighbor’s reaction when I thought out loud about making our water retention basin into a skate bowl.  Sigh, but the price.  The price of cement is too high.
                Bobby was very helpful this week.  He brought home keys I had forgotten at the church.  Bobby put the keys on the dining room table and left them there for me to find them.  I did not notice them.  Later they were gone, just like that!  So we wondered if Ripley batted the keys off the table like cats do.  OR, what if Ripley’s collar attached to the keys with its powerful magnet and Ripley was walking around with keys attached to her.  Oh dear!  So I brought out all furniture and swept behind it; desk, microwave and holder, games cabinet, oven and fridge.  All items were moved, swept, cleaned and moved back.  Bobby helped with about an hour’s worth of work and we found nothing.  Ugh!  I went upstairs to get ready for bed and, what do you know, there they were.  I may not have noticed them but I did pick them up and put them where my work keys belong.  Goodness!  Well, it’s nice to have a cleaner house.
                Bobby also cooked dinner a couple of times and we had a nice date this week.  It’s very nice to have wonderful food and great company.
                Adriel did an initial look for my lost keys before I started moving furniture.  It’s nice to have her help and be concerned.  Adriel also made a drawing and chose her Birthday present.  Thanks all for the funds.  She decided to go negative some and buy a Nintendo switch.  Seth is very interested and glad that she said he could use it when she is out of the house.  It is very nice of Adriel to share this way since she is gone often and since Seth shared his computer with her (then gave it to her).  How wonderful that the kids are kind to each other.
                Adriel posted an Instagram photo of herself with her new switch and said, “Happy Late birthday @myself! Got a new phone!!!  So excited!!” with a picture of her and the switch. I thought this was the weirdest cry for attention ever because I had no clue it was the switch.  Goodness.  Apparently, it was a joke and, ugh, kids these days.
                Adriel drew another picture.  I love it that her artistic ability shines.  She does a great job, and I’m excited to put it all together into a book in a couple of months.
                Adriel was willing to take care of Sam Duvall while we did home group Thursday night.  It was fun having just adults at the Fenn House while Sam and our kids were at our house.  Adriel and Seth were fine with not going.  The adults were able to be more open and share more freely.
                Adriel has been very sweet with lots of hugs.  She broke up with her boyfriend, and I don’t know any of the stories.  Sigh.  She never did seem very excited about him, but it was sweet that she wanted to hold his hand in Hawaii.  I don’t even know when they started seeing each other.  Oh well, at least she has been hugging me often.
                Adriel was having fun talking to a friend about what was going on at home.  She mentioned that I am a church librarian.  Her friend said, “Isn’t there only one book?”  This makes me laugh.  We educated him about Christian life and how many books, VHS, music, Games there really are.

                Rain does make life seem dull, but the flowers are happy.  Our babies are growing!  I am excited to see what the Babies are!  How fun!! 
                May you enjoy what you have sown even if you forgot what it was.  May you find joy in knowing that the dull things in life (like rain) are useful.  May the pain you experience bring joy in the end (just like having a baby).  May you find peace knowing that “If God is for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31.  We are truly loved.
Hugs,

Cristy

                

No comments:

Post a Comment