Monday, April 9, 2018

4/9/2018

Dear Family,

                How does it happen that my daughter has turned 17 so fast?  How is it that we have lived in Salem 11 years and seems like we just got here?  How does the time fly so fast?  I am so glad it does.  I may have some angst over the late night's teens keep, but if they make a mess, they clean it.  In the nursery this Sunday I changed my first diaper in years.  It wasn’t that bad, but I would much rather have teens.  They may stay up late, but I don’t have to at all.  They prefer I go to bed early.
                Adriel had a great Birthday week.  Her friends gave her presents, and so did we.  Grandma and Grandpa Leng came over to take her out for lunch and then ice cream.  Bobby cooked her favorite meal and gave her flowers.  Bobby, Adriel and her special friend went out to a movie together, and everyone lived to tell about it.  Who could ask for more?
                This week I was blessed because the kids did weeds without me asking.  I know Bobby told them to and that was very nice.
                Bobby also cooked another meal, this time my favorite.  Yum!  It’s nice when he is glad I’m awake at night.  Sometimes my naps help me stay awake even after youth group.  I like feeling welcome and loved.
                Seth is adorable because of how much he loves Ripley.  He holds her and pets her while she purrs.  He even broke open a box because he said her head was hanging out wrong.  To me, it’s very sweet how he does caring things for our kitty.
                I love it that the kids pray with me at night.  The best is the daily hug that comes after.  Seth and Adriel are sweet, and I love them. 
I also love seeing Seth in the sound booth at church.  He is the one who gets the e-mails, so I never know when he will be there, but Seth knows.  I feel a heartwarming surprise every time he’s serving God.
As you face decisions, plans and life may you find God’s guiding hand to be a wonderful reminder of how good it is to let go of control.  May you rejoice in the new flowers and may you enjoy all the beauty God is bringing forth.
Much Love J Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment