Monday, September 18, 2023

9/18/23

 Dear Family,

 

                You are such a blessing to me.  I enjoy knowing words matter, even mine.  You reading these words makes them worth writing. 

At my work, so many songs play overhead.  I hear them, and some make me laugh.  “I don’t want to fight tonight so Ima let you be right.”  “I want a lover who won’t drive me crazy.”  There are so many songs about relationships – such a complicated affair God has for us down here.  I am glad that with God, all things are possible.  Even making it so that the people who used to drive you crazy don’t anymore.  It is wonderful to settle into relationships and find balance and great fellowship.

                Adriel moving out did help her relationship with us.  She appreciates us more.  She remains sweet and answers the phone to let me know she is OK even when she doesn’t have time to talk.  I appreciate her sweet attitude and desire to get out and do things.  She has flown the nest and is exploring the world around her.

                Seth getting a car helped him with independence.  He continues to help out in the yard, and I am so glad he is sweet and loving to us.  He drove himself to motorcycle class on Saturday and Sunday, starting at 7:30 AM.  He also rescued me when I locked my key in the car.  Yay Seth, my hero.

                Bobby visited his mom and sister this week.  I am glad he gets to do that.  I am glad they have a good relationship.  We also had the BBQ for Middle School and High School at Rich and Christine’s house this week.  What gracious hosts!  We are so blessed with their willingness to have so many people over.  I truly enjoyed the games the most.  Learning about each other is fun with the game Two Truths and a Lie.  We learned about people’s favorite colors, someone who was born with an extra finger, and many other fun random facts.

                One student was able to stump their sibling!  They put down that they had poured coffee on the family’s DVD player.  The sibling guessed something else and was chagrined when they were wrong.  After a minute or two of thinking out came, “Oh, that was me!”  good times.

                Bobby and I had a date at the local food carts.  I enjoy walking across the street for great food.  How fun to support local businesses and enjoy a tasty meal.  What joy there is in being close to fun places.

                May you delight in where God has placed you.  May you find joy in the people you encounter.  May you choose to follow God’s path and wisdom.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy




                

No comments:

Post a Comment