Monday, June 5, 2023

6/5/23 27th Anniversary

Dear Family

            I truly enjoy time with the youth.  We chatted about the most interesting things, and I found it very sad that a teen has never been licked by a cat.  That kind of love is so unique, so precious, so rough.  We had to talk about cat tongues being rough for educational purposes.

            When it comes to lesson time I’ll admit, I feel happy when I can fill in Bobby’s blanks before the first passage has been read through.  I know his mind and that is fun.  We had a fun group full of wiggles and joy.  One newcomer was excited to know many friends from school.  One student came a little early and was chagrined that games had already begun.  This brought the realization from another, “Hmmm, I come early and there is always already someone here.  How early do people come?”  I like that they desire to be together.  Our group is fabulous.  People do want to stay late and come early.  That is fun.

            High school group had playful bantering during gutter ball.  “We have been brothers for 12 years – I didn’t think it would come to this.  I never planned to duel you in gutter ball.”  They are so enthusiastic and dramatic.  It’s fun to watch them play. 

            Later while we were praying, singing, and having the lesson one student wanted another to eat their goldfish crackers.  They desperately wanted to share to the point of obsessively handing them one repeatedly.  The other student wasn’t that hungry so just held on to one hoping for respite.  I said, “I’ll take it and held my hand out.”  When he licked the goldfish, my hand immediately retracted and there was laughter from both of us.  Never mind!

            Adriel wanted to spend time with us while she wasn’t feeling well.  She got a ride here and we took care of her.  She is so sweet and huggy.  I held my breath every time we hugged though.  I enjoy being loved, so sitting with her and watching shows was fabulous.

            Seth continues to get his stuff done.  He was glad to get a chair from us for his Birthday.  He asked if it was a couple hundred dollars because it looked like one he was thinking about purchasing.  Nope, from UGM, it was a great price and I seriously LOVE that store.  (Then we gave him cash for the rest of his present, so he knows how much it is if he wanted to do the math.)

            Now Seth has a cold.  Adriel felt much remorse and sent him soup via Grub Hub.  Sharing (germs) can be a bad thing.  Sigh.  He wanted to celebrate his Birthday alone again.  He is willing to celebrate with people – AFTER finals are over.

            Bobby and I celebrated our Anniversary in Astoria, Seaside, and – well, we traveled and stopped in a lot of places.  My favorite places are the secret rooms in McMenamins hotels.  I am so delighted when we find them!  Well, Bobby usually does the finding.  I am just along for the ride.  It’s enjoyable.



            May you enjoy the time you have with others.  May you be glad to breathe each gift of a breath God gives.  Much love,

 

Cristy

  PS, the self guided tour at Tillamook was super cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment