Tuesday, June 20, 2023

6/20/23

 Dear Family,

 

                How silly to wake up from a nap at 6:20 PM worried that I’ll be late for youth group only to remember that it’s not happening!  Bobby was happily relaxed on the couch, not stressing out about my absence.  All this to say the night was young and we enjoyed time together last Tuesday. 

                Thursday night he made yummy food out of leftovers, and I was delighted to eat them.  I am so grateful for Bobby’s efforts.

                Wednesday night was a lovely time with Middle School and High School combined.  Some graduated seniors were a bit tentative, but Bobby said, “You are welcome, all summer to attend youth group activities.”  And such amazing food was had by all!!  Kona Ice is always fun.  Also, we had over 40 people in attendance.  That gives Bobby a smile.

                Adriel is growing, learning, and finding her way in life.  I am glad she calls me when she wants to talk.  I feel blessed that she is willing to share her heart.

                Seth finished his 4-hour calculus test and is very glad to have that class over with.  I asked him if he had any more school left for the summer.  He said, “No” and I smiled, “Just in time.”  I let that hang.  He waited for a beat and took the bait.  “Just in time for what?”  “The raspberries are ripe, and I need help picking them.”  😊 I love him.  He is very helpful and dutifully went out to pick every time I asked him to.

                My parents did us a huge favor and picked up Adriel from Portland on their way to Salem.  They enjoyed having her drive and that she is so chatty.  We are blessed to have a warm, loving daughter.  We celebrated Seth’s Birthday/Father’s Day Saturday and Sunday.  We always enjoy Golden Crown food and are delighted with how attentive and sweet the servers are.

                I love having my parents attend church with us.  My parents are memorable, and our church people are “Aggressively friendly.”  That sounded kind of scary, but my dad assured me he loved it.

                How blessed we are to have fathers and our Heavenly Father as well.  May you find love in your heart for all you encounter this week.  Hugs,

 

 

Cristy

 

Thank you Adriel for taking the picture :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment