Monday, June 12, 2023

6/12/23

 Dear Family,

 

                I mentioned to my dad that I saw several payments go out in my app Monday.  I indicated this meant Bobby cooked dinner, and I was excited for a great meal.  Dad was laughing and said usually spouses don’t like seeing charges go out so I’m the opposite.  Dinner was waiting for me after work when I got home.  How yummy!  I love it when Bobby cooks.  He had made ham and Cheese scalloped potatoes.  Very wonderful!

                Adriel remains alive and doing well.  She continues to pursue a law degree but is taking the summer off which, I think is very smart.  She really pushes herself hard.  She was chatty Thursday night.  I enjoyed talking with her about life and social issues while Bobby was at a graduation.  She is contemplating life and I am glad to be part of those thoughts.

                Middle school group was fun because I brought a foam and Velcro axe throwing game which Bobby used immediately.  I thought it was funny how he held the target.  Somehow someone managed to hit him where it hurts – even though the target was held faaaaaar off.

                The lesson time was fun when Bobby spoke of Spiritual Fruit.  He had to mention that being mean, pushing people and sarcasm aren’t fruit of the spirit.  I had to say that sarcasm is a spiritual gift though.  Many nods of affirmation there.

                High school group youth are so witty!  Game time was a bit of chaos – there were water balloons.  The lesson time had some hilarious guesses for the blanks.  By A-------- Sound D-------.  The verses were 1 John 2:20-25 and 2 Timothy 4:2-4.  Doctrine wasn’t too hard to figure out, but one person guessed Abandoning for the A.  I’ll put the right answer at the bottom.

                The next funny one was about, “The R------ of a C------ life!”  Changed wasn’t too hard but when someone shouted out Ranch?!  That had me chuckling.  Later we were all chatting, and the room was a cacophony of sound – until one person loudly said, “What hasn’t been touched since the last of May?  You?”  When everyone else had stopped talking.  This was met with laughter and the two people saying, “I love you!” With hugs.  That was an interesting moment.

                Friday I was treated to amazing enchiladas prepared by Bobby.  He used up some ingredients from the home and I love that!  How fabulous!  I am so blessed to be married to an amazing cook.  We enjoyed the evening together and only worried a little when Adriel didn’t answer the phone.  Although I say, “Well, she’s dead.”  We don’t really know.  She could just be having too much fun.

                Adriel is alive!  She was having fun with Aunty Caren, Bobby’s sister.  It’s lovely to hear she is enjoying time with family.  Adriel also chatted with me a little Saturday.  I am always deeply pleased to hear her voice.

                Bobby found time to mow the lawn one day while I was at work.  I am so blessed by his efforts!

                Seth is getting over his cold. I am glad he has gotten well enough to go back to work.  He still sounds horrible, so I understood why he stayed home to watch the service online just in case he had a coughing fit.  Seth cleaned the bathrooms and got ready for his tests.  I am glad he manages school and work.  He continues to grow in wisdom and knowledge. 

                May you dive deeply into God’s word as the sunny weather shines brightly on you.  As there Is no rain may you thirst for Him and His ways.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy 

 

And the answers: Approving and Results.



No comments:

Post a Comment