Monday, May 29, 2023

5/29/23

 Dear Family,

 

                I was so hungry when I got off work Monday at 6:15. I didn’t know what I would eat but didn’t care.  How delightful to find out Bobby had made yummy chicken, mashed potatoes, and biscuits.  I am so blessed to have a man interested in slaving away all day starting with the shopping and then to the food preparation.  I really enjoy eating after a full day at work 😉.

                Middle school group had some great humor.  One person was sharing with another about how the Azteks would take hearts out of people.  “And they sacrificed children!”  The response was, “That’s horrible!  They could at least wait till they were older.”   Later in the evening, someone mentioned how they needed a hat like someone else in the group that says, “I paused my game to be here.”  Their friend asserted they also wanted one by saying, “Real!” in affirmation.

                Bobby was serving snacks, “Ladies first!”  Someone asked, “What if I don’t identify as any gender?  What if I identify as an attack helicopter?”

                High school group also had some funny moments.  A male was acting rowdy and Bobby told him to, “Quiet down or I’ll move you next to the girls and I know they won’t talk with you.”  Yikes.  Later in the lesson, Bobby talked about how blessed they all were to live in stable families.  One had to point to her sibling and say, “Stable families doesn’t mean stable offspring.”  Oh, dear.  They weren’t that mean the entire time.  Those two were just the funniest. 

                I enjoy my time with Bobby in the evenings.  We have been watching “Young Sheldon” and I love how quirky personalities are portrayed.  I am glad to sit after a full day of work.  But even better Bobby cooked Spaghetti for us Thursday night and I was blessed.

                Adriel and Seth continue to do school and work.  As finals are looming, please pray with us that they retain what they are studying and can do well on the tests that come their way.  Please also pray for Adriel as she might have strep throat which is going around on her college campus.

Thank you all for your love and prayers!  We are so blessed to have you in our lives.  May you enjoy the warm days and beautiful flowers that shine forth God’s glory.  Much love,

 

Cristy  

PS, this is the group that prayed with me for Adriel among other things on Sunday morning.  It's a blessing that we can bring our requests to God young and old.  I am thankful for our church people.


No comments:

Post a Comment