Monday, May 15, 2023

5/15/23




 Dear family,

 

                I delight in looking at the beautiful outdoors.  Especially when I see a nicely mowed lawn and don’t even know who done it.  Bobby is taking the initiative to be helpful around the house and I am blessed that he mowed the lawn.

                Middle School group had a lot of youth playing soccer.  I enjoyed making daisy chains while almost everyone else got hot and sweaty.  I would much rather create something pretty than take a second shower in the day.  I also enjoy chatting about life with the youth and that was very nice.  Several people learned how to make chains and it was a fun creative time.

                 High School group had me laughing during some games.  Playing chess with a crowd can be unnerving.  A person made a move, and someone said, “Ohhhh” with chagrin.  They mentioned they were playing ‘next level’ above what the actual players were playing, and they saw the future of those moves to be horrible.  Talk about insulting.  Another comment was, “You should move there!”  “Why should I move there?”  “Because it would be funny.” 

                Making checkers pieces set up to be a smile has become a bit of a past time for me.  Somehow it always gets set right.  How disturbing.

                I enjoyed the lesson time because it made people want to play fruit ninja with a real sword and real fruit.  Talking about God’s word being a sword brings out interesting subjects.

                We also talked about sword drills, and it was fun to try it out.  Some people are fast at finding passages in the Bible.  It was fun to find out who won and who started trying after a bit.  They got into it, and I loved the interactions.

                Home group was lovely.  I enjoy singing, talking about God’s word, and figuring out things more in-depth with adults.  Jonah is a plot-twisting page-turner.  It’s fun to discuss what Jonah and God thought when they did things.

                Bobby cooked tuna fish sandwiches one night and pork, asparagus, and potatoes another night.  All were super yummy dishes, and I am so glad for his initiative.  I am also glad for nights we can just sit after a long day of work.  Relaxing is truly wonderful.

                Adriel consistently answers the phone with, “I’m alive!”  It’s so good to hear her voice and know she is alive and well.  She says she misses us so that is also touching.  What a bright spot she is in our lives.  We were delighted in her joining us for a family meal at Golden Crown on Mother’s Day.   That she wants to be with us is heartwarming. 

                Seth continues to plug away at work and school.  He is learning calculus which makes Bobby and I both think he’s smarter than us.  He also cleaned the bathrooms Sunday and that is wonderful.   We enjoyed watching The Matrix with him.  He picks movies apart when it comes to their cinematography so it’s interesting to see the movie through his eyes.  Fewer cut scenes would have made the movie better for him 😉.   He also joined us at our families’ favorite restaurant for Mother’s Day.   I love reminiscing and delighting in each life.

                May you enjoy the beauty around you and feel God smiling in his downright, amazing love for you.

 

Love and hugs,

 

Cristy

                



No comments:

Post a Comment