Monday, May 22, 2023

5/22/23

 


Dear Family,

                I love peanut sauce.  Bobby made a dish around that Monday, and I have been happy for days because of leftovers.  YUM!  We all have delighted every time we eat it.  Bobby is such a great cook.

                Middle school group was fun and entertaining.  The youth were especially excited about root beer floats.  Fabulous!!  What a great treat on a hot day.  Thanks to those who give to the youth group for snacks!  The lesson was good for the thinker.  I was filling in blanks as Bobby was starting.  One youth was amazed at how much I was pre-filling.  I had to comment that I married the guy and have a degree in Bible.  Bobby asked a student to read Matthew 5:14-16.  When the student started talking about pigs Bobby said, “That’s Mark” and had him switch books in the Bible.  Again, complete amazement, “How did he know that?”.  Folks, if you want to awe and inspire middle schoolers – know your Bible.  That’s all it takes.

                High school group had major intensity.  One student throws the carpet ball so hard it might make other balls jump up and attack.  Everyone knows to back away from the playing area when he throws.  He met his match Wednesday night with a newer young lady.  So many exclamations of awe!  One person had to comment, “You don’t have to throw the ball that hard!”  The rebuttal was, “This is the only way I know how to throw it.”  Back came, “Who hurt you as a child?  This is not good therapy.”

                I am so glad Bobby doesn’t make me go to the various concerts, games, graduations, and events he attends.  My job is physical, and in the evenings, I need to rest.  Thank you all for understanding if I don’t attend.  I like going to bed around 8 PM which is when some of these things start!   Bobby wakes up way later than I do so it works out for him to stay up late. 

                I do enjoy the times he stays home from events to be with me.  We relax together and it is nice to sit, chat about our day, eat and pray together.  Good time apart means even better time together.

                Youth Sunday was fantastic as usual.  I enjoy the excitement youth generate.  I also love taking pictures of our youth in action.  Several favorite moments were two young men smiling happily when their mother figure mentioned how proud she was of her boys who were helping.  The female who bowed when there was clapping.  And the man who commented that the picture of Waldo was a picture of Bobby.  How fun.

                Seth is showing his abilities in so many ways.  Not only is he self-driven to get his schoolwork done but he is willing and able to ask for help when Calculus doesn’t make sense.  I am impressed by his desire and ability to get good grades, apply himself and do well.

                He also gives me a hug when I ask for one, cleans bathrooms and is a fun movie critic.  The new Tron was impressive, but the water and smoke effects were too expensive in his eyes.

                Adriel remains delightful and alive.  She tried a random e-scooter which got her to work in a record 7 minutes!  She also was entertained by a person with a pig on the metro.  Pig on a leash in the METRO!!  Ahhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha.  That’s too much.

                May you delight in those who serve.  May you also be glad to be of service whenever you can.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy























No comments:

Post a Comment