Monday, April 27, 2020

4/27/2020


Dear Family,
                Focusing on God may not be that easy.  Sometimes when I feel pain or find that my world is caving in – focusing on God is not as hard.  I am needy and willing to look up.  I am desperate for answers.  Those times bring laser-like clarity.  Other times distractions loom, things are shiny, I am laughing, having fun.  But am I close to God when I am happy?  Do I constantly thank him for my friends, nature, and food?  I want to say I do.  I enjoy writing blessings and thinking of all the good God has given me.  Does the extra time I have now give me the ability to focus on God more or do I remain easily distracted, flittering from one meaningless activity to another?  Search my heart God – bring me closer to you.
                I miss hugging friends, doing group activities, finding fun in life.  I garden 15 minutes a day.  Right now the gardening is pruning back, thinning, and weeding.  So much death.  Yet it brings so much life.  And profit.  Every year I sell perennials and it is fun.  May I accept the good from God as well as the bad.  May I be OK with being pruned.  I’ll admit I do not like COVID.  Yet, when I think of it as a time of pruning it helps me rethink and draws me into a better state of mind.
                Now to focus on what God has blessed us with: 
Bobby made several yummy meals this week and we are blessed.  We ate as a family several times.  A friend asked me if our kids still live at home.  When I replied to the affirmative she was visibly jealous.  I might look back on this time as “The good old days”?  I just might.  We have extra adults in the house and they are very sweet.  I love their deep voices, great manners, and smiles.
Bobby thanked me for helping out at youth group.  I am glad he appreciates what I do.  At the moment it doesn’t seem like much.  I can’t sit beside anyone who is being disruptive in a zoom chat.



                Bobby works hard and remains sweet.  I am glad to be his.
                I was walking in the park the other day and Adriel came up behind me to tap me on the shoulder.  It was nice to walk with her a bit.  She was sweet and kind.  I enjoy her company.  Adriel also made some yummy food this week and shared it with me.  How fun!
                Seth laughs and has a great time at Zoom Youth Group nights.  I love seeing him having fun.  Seth also mowed the lawn again.  I am glad he can help.
                 May we find that even in these hard times there is joy.  The time of waiting brings a laser focus on God and in our desperation, we can cry out to him and feel his loving arms wrap around us.  May we cry out like Revelation 22:20 “Come, Lord Jesus.”  Can you tell I am excited for heaven J.  May you also look forward to a wonderful future!

Much love, Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment