Monday, April 13, 2020

4/13/2020


Dear Family,
            Going on week three of staying in the house is interesting.  We are taking walks together and I like that.  Bobby remains good company.  Thank goodness none of us are turning on each other. 
            As we have been reflecting on God’s power over death and love for us it is interesting to note – He will work all of this out for the good of those who love him.  Looking into History I do see many bad times, dark ages, earthquakes, hardships.  Last Easter people were bombed.  I am so thankful I am not in control of the world.  I trust God.  Habakkuk 3:18 says, “17Though the fig tree does not bud and no fruit is on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though the sheep are cut off from the fold and no cattle are in the stalls, 18yet I will exult in the LORD; I will rejoice in the God of my salvation! “  I eagerly await till I meet Him face to face and I will hug Him!  OH to hug you all!  I miss hugging everyone.
            Here are the blessings of this week – or some interesting tidbits; things my kids said that made me laugh, times I smiled and felt my heart warm.  Have you seen the flowers!  Our world is exploding with joy, it doesn’t care about the stay in place order.  It calls out, walk in us, immerse yourself in our beauty.  And the governor did say we can go outside and exercise.  So, some of our family have walked and tried skateboarding tricks.
            Adriel was happy to clean her room this week.  She enjoys the finished result with satisfaction.  She also replaced her car sticker – how grown up.  This is her car, she is taking care of maintenance, fees and paid for it herself.  Go Adriel!
            Adriel has expressed how people wearing masks creeps her out.  It makes our world feel dystopic.  I’ll admit, it is weird.
            Adriel invited Bobby to go outside to teach her how to skateboard.  I insisted on coming to take pictures.  It was fun to see them enjoy parks and try to Ollie.  They are adorable! 

            Seth went outside this week to mow the lawn.  He also did dishes and is looking into the new long-distance learning he will be doing.  His teachers are great, on top of it and encouraging.  May the rest of this year bring growth, learning and be over SOON!
            Bobby and Seth are both enjoying the throwback of Minecraft.  I tried playing for about 10 minutes.  It was too boring for me!  They are playing with youth group people so it is good for them to continue life together.  How fun.
            Youth group continues to meet on Zoom.  I enjoy participating.  It will be so much better when we can be face to face.  I wonder how many will come with excitement and joy simply because they can!
            Seth played a game with the youth group and he played so brilliantly I was impressed.  Isn’t it fun when we see our children shine?  They, on the other hand, find us embarrassing.  Sometimes I hiss at the cat if she is on the counter.  Seth said, “Every time you do that a bit of me dies inside.”
            Seth also loved some pizza Bobby bought for our family.  He said, “The best part of that pizza is how easy it is to pick the pineapple off.
            Bobby cooked several amazing dishes this week.  The fun of social media is that one of his friends cooked the same thing because of the inspirational food pictures.  Good times!
            Bobby and the kids are a blessing to live with.  May you also bless your family and find love, grace, and peace in your homes.  Much love,




Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment