Monday, April 20, 2020

4/20/2020


Dear Family,
                Reminiscing about the good old days can be happy-sad.  Remember when we used to hug each other?  Those were the days.
                Bobby is making a treehouse in Minecraft and the kids both reminisced about how Bobby made an amazing treehouse in Minecraft when they were younger.  I remember the Sunday school teacher pulling me aside to tell of a prayer request.  Seth did not mention Minecraft but he did ask them to pray Adriel would stop pushing him off cliffs.    
                Seth is happy to do his homework.  By his calculations, he is doing a lot less school and he is completely fine with that.  Bobby and Seth watched a historical movie for a class and enjoyed their time together.
                Seth noticed I was having a hard day.  He asked if I was OK and then asked if I wanted a hug.  Wow, to notice is impressive.  My sweet son!  He was empathetic and helpful.
                Seth mowed the lawn this week.  Yay, Seth!  He also helped the church with their slides last Sunday.  Now that they are doing Facebook live it’s a whole new ball game.  I am proud that he has stepped up and is doing the work well.
                Bobby made several yummy dinners and Adriel was excited about bean soup.  I am glad he enjoys cooking.  I am completely fine with cleaning up.
                Bobby destroyed a wasp nest and dealt with about 5 wasps rolling around on top of the roof.  It was scary to watch.  He stomped away in a fury of excitement and adrenaline.  I am thankful he did not fall off the roof. 
                I enjoyed an indoor date with Bobby.  We are blessed to have a roof over our heads.  We are blessed with good health and with the knowledge that heaven is going to be so much better.
                Youth Group continues to be pleasant online.  Bobby said his boss Pastor Marcus is pleased with the zoom meetings and how Bobby continues to lead well with COVID.  Sometimes the question is, “What else can I do?”  Options feel so limited!
                Adriel has started cooking a bit.  She makes beautiful one or two-person dishes.  She remains sweet and lovely. 
                During breakfast, Adriel and I were listening to Pastor Marcus do a devotional.  He mentioned that God is one of a kind.  Adriel began thinking.  She came up with, “What if there was an alternate universe where Jesus was a twin?”  I just laughed.  Wouldn’t that be interesting?
                I am so glad flowers are blooming.  I know life is going on.  I hear the clock ticking.  I know we will hug again.  May you find joy in smiles.  Peace in our Lord and faith that though we struggle we will prevail.  Much Love, Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment